The Good Tymes Barn

Melvin, MI · View map

About The Good Tymes Barn

Barns are more than just a building on a farm. They represent the heart of the American rural community and the farming industry.

Used as social gathering places, barns invoke a sense of tradition, community and security. Even as barns disappear from the landscape, they still embody a strong symbol in our heritage.

To remind us of the days gone by and our rural roots, many barns are being preserved. This is the case with the Good Tymes Barn in Melvin, Michigan. Good Tymes Barn, complete with geese, chickens and sheep is an authentic 120 year old dairy barn that has been lovingly restored and now serves as an interesting and charming venue for special events. All wood tables and hand caned chairs, a beautiful wood dance floor, a stage and a bar round out the rustic atmosphere. Good Tymes was even in a movie called "Tucker's Therapy" available on Netflix. There is a bride's dressing room, modern rest room facilities, all handicap accessible and ample parking for your guests.

Whether you need a location for a corporate event, wedding, reception, shower, or a social gathering, the Good Tymes Barn is the perfect place for any special occasion!

14 Reviews for The Good Tymes Barn

14 The Good Tymes Barn Reviews

A
Amber

Married on 05/13/2017

Growing up in Lexington, Michigan. I was not even aware that the Good Thymes Barn existed. I was invited to a friend's wedding and was blown away. What a beautiful venue. The barn is just gorgeous. ... Read more gorgeous. The Food was amazing and the music was pleasant. The service provided by the Good Thymes Barn was top notch. The Bartender was the best I have ever experienced at a reception. She handled the entire crowd without being overwhelmed and treated each person with kindness and quick service. I have two nieces getting married in the near future and I am pushing for them to book with Connie. She was kind and so thoughtful to the guests. Can't say enough good things about

User4347342

2+ years ago

I was a attendant at my friend's wedding in August 2014 and what a beautiful place to have a wedding and reception. The grounds were like a park and so well groomed. The hall was just beautiful from ... Read more the atmosphere to the gorgeous antique like chairs and beautiful dance floor. I have been to a lot of weddings over the years and I have never seen such care taken to give such great service. Connie and her staff went out of her way for my friend's wedding and made her day very special.

L
Lisa

Married on 05/17/2014

Connie was so kind and helpful her staff was amazing. My daughter's wedding was beautiful and Connie went above and beyond for us. Thank you so much for making her day a beautiful memory. God Bless, ... Read more Lisa Hickman.