The Great Room

Savage, MD · View map · Visit website

About The Great Room

A spacious wedding venue in Savage, Maryland, The Great Room provides newly engaged couples with the perfect romantic setting in which to host their nuptials. Built in 1820, the historic venue features an expansive deck that overlooks the Little Patuxent River and the last standing Bollman Truss semi-suspension bridge in the world. A one-of-a-kind facility, The Great Room is ideal for your memorable celebration!

Facilities and Capacity
The Great Room provides couples with a beautifully decorated indoor setting in which to host their special event. Accommodating 275 guests, the venue features a large dance floor, a 25-foot ceiling with sky lights and massive windows that offer optimal views of the grounds.

The venue is committed to creating a stress-free wedding experience and, therefore, offers a variety of services from which couples may choose. Options include, but are not limited to, event rentals and in-house catering.

Location
The Great Room is conveniently nestled in Howard County. The venue is less than five minutes from a number of popular attractions and landmarks, such as the Historic Savage Mill Manor and the Savage Mill Trail.

61 Reviews for The Great Room

61 The Great Room Reviews

J
Featured
Jody

Married on 09/25/2010

I am so glad we got married here! We had our reception outside on the deck under the tent. Then went right into the Great Room for the reception. The room was more beautiful than I could have ever ... Read more imagined. We fell in love with this venue because it has history and personality and is nothing like your average ballroom. The high ceilings and big windows are so pretty! The flow of the room is really nice too and the dance floor is huge. Angie was amazing to work with! She is an expert and helped us so much in making all of our decisions. She had great suggestions too. Her and her staff are like a well oiled machine! Everything went so smoothly from our first meeting to the big day. Putting on the Ritz has awesome food too, but I'll review that separately.

Jessica
Jessica

Married on 12/02/2018

Perfect for our Winter Wonderland Wedding

The Great Room was everything I could have imagined and more. We had a winter wonderland themed wedding and all of my guests raved about how magical the venue was. This room is beautiful on its own, ... Read more but add Christmas decorations, a dark night sky, all of the pillar lights twinkling, and candles--it was so cozy and romantic. Would not change a thing--Angie went above and beyond to make my dreams come true. Thank you so much for making our day perfect!

M
Monique

Married on 10/19/2018

Exceeded Our Expectations

We only have great things to say about The Great Room and most importantly Angie! Our big day was everything we wanted it to be and more. Angie made sure that everything was taken care of an she kept ... Read more kept us at ease. I was stunned when I saw the deck and the ballroom decorated and she made my vision come to life.