The Harlow

Kansas City, MO · View map · Visit website

About The Harlow

Located in the Kansas City Crossroads Art District, our space is nestled in a beautifully restored building that was built in 1909. It was originally built to be an automobile dealership. Its award-winning interior has been designed to couple the past with the present. The original wood floor, beams, skylights, and exposed brick are complemented with white, grey and navy accents, contemporary lighting, and modern furniture. This combination creates a chic urban loft space unlike any other in the Kansas City area.

Our space can accommodate 200 seated guests, indoor ceremonies and up to 250 people for a cocktail style party. Outdoor ceremonies can accommodate up to 130 guests.

41 Reviews for The Harlow

41 The Harlow Reviews

W
Featured
Whitney

Married on 11/15/2014

I looked at probably 40 event spaces in town before deciding on one. Now that the wedding is over I am thrilled with the choice I made- the Berg was perfect! Not only were Jillian and Emily great to ... Read more work with over the year+ of planning but the individuals they hire were also great. From the security officer they provided to the bartenders everyone was super nice, professional and fun to be around. As I was planning the wedding and meeting with other vendors they would ask where the wedding was- when I said the Berg, the reply back was always, “They are great, we love having events at the Berg.” I took it as a good sign that vendors from various industries all love working with the Berg staff and in the space. Jillian and Emily were wonderful helping me find other vendors when I needed some suggestions and helping with ideas to ensure the event was executed properly (I had both the ceremony and reception there). They were always very responsive to my emails and calls. The Berg is not the cheapest date in town but they do not nickel and dime you nor do they add on additional expenses after signing the contract that you were never told about. When you factor in the fact that they take care of tips for anyone they hire to work your event (i.e. bartenders and security guard) their price is probably very competitive to like competition. On the wedding day itself everything went so smoothly, they helped my caterer plan the execution of appetizers for cocktail hour and food stations for the reception. I was never bothered with questions or made aware of any issues that may have arisen the day of the wedding- they handled everything like seasoned pros. Plus the space is cool and unique- the pictures we took in the Berg turned out great!

K
Katie

Married on 06/03/2017

I absolutely loved having my wedding at Berg Event space. The venue is so gorgeous: beautifully refinished hardwood floors, amazingly awesome windows with a great view of downtown, a very unique ... Read more courtyard, a huge magnetic wall for so many possibilities and the best group of people to work with. Abbi was so great to work with. She made things easy for us the day of and helped my wedding day be perfect. The bar tenders were so fun and friendly, I wish I could have them prepare my cocktails all the time! We took full advantage of the magnetic wall to add a special touch to our wedding: place settings, marquee letters and a selfie station. Seriously, if you want a fun downtown wedding with a stunning setting then book the Berg, because you won't be disappointed!

L
Lindsey

Married on 05/20/2017

Absolutely perfect! Here's some highlights: it's beautiful; awesome bridal / grooms suites; staff (Abbi) is amazing; great options for time in/out; outside area for cocktail hour; super fast room ... Read more flip; accomodating... I could go on an on. The Berg is perfect.