The Harris Building

Grand Rapids, MI · View map · Visit website

About The Harris Building

The Harris Building is a wedding venue located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. With its historic character, flexible event space, and dedicated staff, the venue guarantees a wedding experience that you’ll treasure for a lifetime.

Facilities and Capacity

This event space has a convenient location just off US-131 in downtown Grand Rapids. Built in 1892 on the site of the former Grand Rapids Union, the venue provides a historic backdrop for your special day. The building’s second floor includes an expansive domed ballroom with 18-foot ceilings, while the third floor features hallways lit by skylights. Brick walls and craftsman-style woodwork add additional charm for your celebration. The Harris Building’s on-site floral designer/decorator consults with couples to help bring their wedding vision to life with breath-taking floral designs. Wedding ceremonies held here have a limit of 225 guest chairs, though the venue itself can accommodate up to 300 of your loved ones.

The Harris Building offers event space for a variety of wedding-related events, including engagement parties, showers, elopements, rehearsal dinners, ceremonies, and receptions. Couples will receive professional event planning assistance from the venue’s helpful team of specialists. When working with this event space for your big day, you’ll also have access to the following wedding services and items:

• All-inclusive packages
  • Dance floor
  • Decor and drapery
  • Linens
  • Photo booth
  • Tables, chairs, and chair covers

Additional offers include arches, centerpieces, decor, photo booth, and late night food. These options are available for additional purchase above and beyond the original package pricing.

Cuisine

The venue works with a list of preferred professional caterers to ensure that your celebration is as stress-free as possible. Various dining services, such as buffets, cocktail receptions, family-style service, hors d’oeuvres, plated service, stations, and others, are all at your disposal. Couples can opt for either a limited or an open bar for their event and can also select from an array of bar services:

• Bartender(s)
  • Champagne toast
  • House beer, liquor, and wine
  • Premium liquor
  • Signature drink
  • Specialty beer and wine

Interested in Scheduling a Tour?
We always schedule appointments to meet with clients, so that we allow enough time for each meeting. Below are the days we set appointments to tour or plan events.

Monday – Wednesday: 10:00am – 6:00pm

Madeline
Madeline Taracks

Married on 06/07/2019

Magical Day!

I will continue to recommend and talk about the Harris Building all day long! Let me preface this review by saying that while I was in no way a crazy bridezilla, (all and all pretty relaxed actually!) ... Read more actually!) but I am a little bit picky when it comes to this stuff. Not only have I worked in the banquet/events/wedding industry, but my husband and I both work in the design world in New York City so we care a lot about the aesthetics of the day and we really wanted a fun but traditional formal event, so I hope that lets you know how much this review means to me! The entire process of planning our wedding was completely seamless, Karri and team made it so easy for me and we truly so accommodating and a joy to work with! We met at KCAD in downtown Grand Rapids so it was really important for us to have a Grand Rapids wedding, that being said, planning the wedding from so far away, I didn't have any time to really come back and forth throughout the process. This was one of the reasons that we were attracted to the idea of all the accommodations in one that the Harris Building could offer us. They went above and beyond video chatting with me and sending me lots and lots of photos and emails making me feel comfortable about how everything thing would look and what we would be able to do. They even helped me source unique centerpiece for our tables that I really couldn't have found elsewhere and DIY would have been a significant investment on our parts and they turned out amazing! Amie handled all of our flowers beautifully, we were truly blown away at the job she did and her super sweet personality made planning with her so much fun, you can see every bit of her passion for what she does and it showed with how amazing every detail turned out. Bradley the DJ was cute as a button and so sweet to work with, he kept everything going so well, played great music, really took our list and ran with it so it felt very our style. Also I'm forever grateful for the cocktails he snuck down to us while we were waiting to be announced, it saved all of our guests from a very nervous and awkward first dance! The day of went wonderfully smooth with all of their help, they took over with everything and I was never wondering about the timeline and I could truly relax and enjoy our reception. ---Not to mention the building itself is absolutely breathtaking and we received the most wonderful compliments!

Kylee
Kylee Fernandez

Married on 05/04/2019

a perfect day!

We had our wedding at the harris building this past weekend and everything was perfect! The staff was all very helpful, especially during the room switch from ceremony to reception. We were off taking ... Read more pictures between & everything was set to go for intros right when we got back! The DJ Bradley was awesome & played all of the songs we requested! He was also very helpful keeping our timeline on track. From the very beginning of planning to the end of the night, everyone was so helpful & made this much less stressful. 12/10 would recommend the harris building! We cannot thank them enough!!!

T
Tammy Brann

Married on 04/08/2018

Amazing Experience

Our wedding day at the Harris Building exceeded expectations beyond belief! The Harris Building gave us the most gorgeous wedding ceremony and reception all at one place. Providing us with an ... Read more exceptional Event Coordinator made planning our wedding the most enjoyable experience with literally no stress! They covered everything from Valet, Tables, Chairs, Linens, DJ, Photography and Floral! Eight months later and our friends and family still rave about our wedding. We just cannot express enough how wonderful every single detail was. It truly was the best day of our lives! Jeff Smoker & Tammy Brann United as one to Mr. Jeff & Tammy Smoker August 4, 2018

The Harris Building FAQ