The Hazlehurst House

McDonough, GA · View map · Visit website

About The Hazlehurst House

The Hazlehurst House is a Southern-style mansion wedding venue located in McDonough, Georgia. This elegant and historic house is located within the Atlanta, Georgia outskirts. They have a magical atmosphere between the Victorian architecture and the manicured lawns outside. Their team of experienced professionals is pleased to assist couples as they meticulously prepare for their upcoming wedding. At The Hazlehurst House, couples will be able to rest easy knowing that all the details are being looked after by a professional, well-trained team. This venue has a long history of innovation and use. It was first utilized as a family's living quarters and then transformed into a social hub. It was used as a hospital in the Civil War and finally changed hands away from the Hutton and Hazelhurst families in the 1990s, coming under the ownership of Priscilla McCammon. Priscilla and her family went on to restore the property. By the time that Felicia Watts bought The Hazlehurst House, it consisted of three acres. Now, this mansion is used as a center for entertainment and celebrations, encouraging fun and engagement events within its halls.

Facilities and Capacity

The Hazlehurst House has indoor and outdoor spaces available to their clients. There are outdoor locations that are able to accommodate a capacity of 300 guests. These areas boast an English garden wall, a beautifully decorated arbor, and a manicured front lawn. A Hangar Pavillion also presents a fantastic option for a ceremony site that shelters couples and wedding goers from both the sun and rain. Alternatively, there are indoor venue spaces such as two ballrooms and a covered veranda. The Grand Ballroom is able to host up to 200 guests while the Magnolia Ballroom accommodates up to 80 guests in a seated reception. Cocktail receptions are able to serve up to 150 individuals in these areas.

The Hazlehurst House is able to provide their clients with floral arrangements, wedding decor, menus for catering, and various wedding package options. Tours may also be scheduled to view the property before booking.

49 Reviews for The Hazlehurst House

49 The Hazlehurst House Reviews

T
Featured
Toni

Married on 05/11/2019

Simply Amazing!

I got married at the Hazelhurst House on May 11th. Working with Leslie was so easy! I had just started a new job and wanted a venue that was all inclusive... I didn’t want to get “in the weeds” with ... Read more planning. After my first meeting with Leslie I knew I was in good hands and hired The Hazelhurst House on the spot. Fast forward 10ish months and everything was perfect! The smallest of details that I didn’t think Leslie remembered were executed perfectly. She listened to everything I wanted and delivered exactly that. I cannot speak highly enough about Leslie and her “day of” team. Several of my guest came up to me and commented how helpful and nice everyone was. I also received comments about Danny and how great he was. The whole night was perfect and I cannot recommend the Hazelhurst House enough. If you want a stress-free wedding, hire Leslie and her team. They will give you the best night of your life for a very competitive rate.

C
Crystal Garner

Getting married on 09/07/2019

Military Wedding

Leslie is per out georgous, and wonderful.. She was understanding, caring, and she was right there answer all of my questions, and concerns... Thank You Leslie! Read more Leslie is per out georgous, and wonderful.. She was understanding, caring, and she was right there answer all of my questions, and concerns... Thank You Leslie!!!

Rachel
Rachel

Married on 05/04/2019

May 04, 2019

Wow. This is one word to describe this lovely and historic gem located in the heart of McDonough, Georgia. From the moment my (now) husband and I walked through the doors we knew this was the place ... Read more for us. We could feel the love in the air and from the staff throughout as we planned our wedding. The concept we probably loved most about them was they wanted to do all the “busy work” for us and they wanted us to just relax and enjoy the biggest day of our lives. And that, they did. From the delicious food catered by their very own in house Tasteful Events catering, to an unforgettable cake selection, beautiful flowers, and classy reception decorations they really outdid themselves. It was all so beautiful as the venue itself is and I would definitely recommend checking them out. You will fall in love getting #hitchedathazlehurst ❤️