The Historic Thomas Center

Gainesville, Florida · View map · Visit website

About The Historic Thomas Center

The Historic Thomas Center is a wedding venue in Gainesville, Florida. The Historic Thomas Center is a cultural center that houses special event spaces and art galleries that showcase many local and regional artists. This beloved local gem, when not hosting events, cultivates community by holding different gallery events, concerts and festivals. This historic center offers beautiful backdrops with different locations on site to host your guests.

Facilities and Capacity
The Historic Thomas Center has hosted milestone events in the lives of local residents for decades and knows how best to maximize its spaces for your big day. A picturesque veranda is the perfect place to welcome guests and offer cocktails, as it overlooks the beautiful gardens with a fountain and flowers. From there, guests can be escorted to the ceremony in the West Gardens or Turtle Court that features a Romeo and Juliet-style balcony. The Turtle Court is a picture-perfect spot for an intimate cocktail hour, too. The Spanish Court with full skylight allows guests to dine and dance under the light of the moon and stars. The Historic Thomas Center can accommodate 175 of your closest friends and family.

The Historic Thomas Center is an art gallery and wedding venue with many unique features. The services that it offers includes:

• Event rentals

S
Featured
Samantha

Married on 12/28/2013

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony at The Thomas Center. It was absolutely gorgeous! The staff were helpful and constantly communicated with me about what I wanted and expected. The Thomas ... Read more Center was extremely flexible as they let us bring our own chairs and decorations to decorate for the ceremony. Erika, the event organizer, was extremely helpful and always available to answer questions. I always received immediate responses from her via email and phone. The Thomas Center even allowed us to change our date at no cost when we found our my husband would be deployed during the first date we chose. The Thomas Center is a beautiful place to have a wedding and the staff make it an enjoyable experience by doing whatever they can to make your day special! I highly recommend checking The Thomas Center out for any event!

Jennifer
Jennifer Sanders

Getting married on 02/02/2020

Friendly and helpful with a lot of info to get us started planning

The events coordinator at the Thomas Center is fantastic! So helpful... So much information and offered ideas that we had not thought of. We ended up not even having to ask many questions. She answered ... Read more answered everything with all of the information that she provided. I am so pleased that my daughter chose this venue! We cannot wait for the big day to get here!

M
Mpena1127 Pena

Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful!!

The venue is beautiful! Working with Erica Chatman was a blessing. She was very accommodating; she even made some adjustments we had the day before the wedding. The Thomas Center is very well kept, ... Read more with many beautiful areas. Would definitely recommend this location for weddings and any other gathering.