The Homestead

Glen Arbor, MI · View map

About The Homestead

The Homestead is a four-season resort in Glen Arbor, Michigan that's surrounded by the Sleeping Bear Dunes. For couples who dream of a picturesque location that projects rustic-country charm, consider The Homestead as your wedding day venue. This destination is perfect for the couples who want their wedding celebration to be a weekend’s worth of activity.

Facilities and Capacity
There are three event spaces to choose from within The Homestead Resort. Couples may host a maximum of 170 wedding guests. In addition, the golf course and hotel add versatility for hosting a large number of guests.

The Homestead is a full-service wedding venue with on-site catering and event coordination available. The venue also offers additional services like:

• Accommodations
  • Cleanup
  • Event planning
  • In-house bar
  • In-house catering
  • Pet friendly
  • Setup

Location
The Homestead is a four-season resort located in Glen Arbor, perched on Lake Michigan. Because the Homestead is surrounded by the Sleeping Bear Dunes, it was recently named “the Most Beautiful Place in America” and is home to golf, skiing, boating, fine dining, spas, shops and more.

36 Reviews for The Homestead

36 The Homestead Reviews

Jason
Jason Anderson

Married on 05/31/2019

Best wedding experience we could ask for

We had our wedding ceremony here and it couldn't have been better. Our coordinator from the group sales team was selfless and extremely helpful, she did whatever it took to make our stay, ceremony, ... Read more and reception the best it could be! To give some examples, we exchanged over 20 emails leading up to our ceremony to coordinate minor details, they were extremely flexible to the elements allowing us to choose a ceremony site a couple days before the big day, and they helped us save in decoration costs by personally moving some of our ceremony site decorations to the reception site. We had a small, intimate ceremony so that lended itself well to being flexible, but I feel the staff here went above and beyond to give us a phenomenal experience. My wife and I highly recommend this venue for a beautiful, northern Michigan ceremony!

S
Savannah

Married on 06/09/2018

All I can say about The Homestead is WOW. My wedding day was absolutely perfect, thanks to Lynize, Connar and the rest of the crew. Their attention to all the details big and small was impeccable. ... Read more From the time we met them in July to book our wedding, to the clean up, they went above and beyond to make this the event of my lifetime. I had no stress or worries, and was fully able to enjoy my time with my new husband and our guests. Lynzie was there for an entire year, helping us with everything and always answering questions. Connar took charge of our vendors, and helped us the entire week of our wedding. She even got on her knees to help us wrap up extra flowers the morning after. Even the wait staff took care of us and our guests so fantastically. Especially Hillary. She anticipated everything we could ever need or want, and had it delivered to our table before we even asked. Our guests have been raving about their time at the resort. Most wished they could have stayed longer. We can't thank everyone at The Homestead enough. If you are looking for a perfect wedding in Northern Michigan, look no further than The Homestead Resort.

H
Heather

Married on 12/31/2017

Wedding weekend was a winter wonderland. Homestead had white powdery snow that made our winter New Year's Eve wedding perfect. Staff was superb and my wedding coordinator Lynzie Gotshall made ... Read more everything stressless for me. It was amazing