The Hotel at The University of Maryland

College Park, MD · View map · Visit website

About The Hotel at The University of Maryland

The Hotel at The University of Maryland is a full-service hotel and event venue located in College Park, Maryland. This venue offers beautiful views of the University of Maryland campus, plenty of dining choices, and stunning event spaces that will certainly make for an unforgettable celebration.

Facilities and Capacity
The Hotel at The University of Maryland offers a number of stunning event spaces to choose from. For instance, the Zen Garden is a popular pick for outdoor ceremonies surrounded by lush and beautiful vegetation. Alternatively, the Red Door Spa could be the perfect place for you and your loved ones to sit back, relax, and prepare for the big day. The Hotel also has 297 guest rooms that offer a variety of suites and stunning views of the campus. In total, the Hotel at the University of Maryland offers 43,000 square feet of beautiful event space and can accommodate up to 960 of your friends and family.

The Hotel at The University of Maryland staff can provide your big day with audio equipment, centerpieces, chairs, dance floors, decor, drapery, furniture, lighting, tables, barware, china, chocolate fountains, flatware, glassware, and linens. Some of the professional event services that they offer include:

• Accommodations

J
Featured
Jody

Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing thank you great venue

Our wedding was on June 29, 2019. What can I say, THANK YOU CEDRIC - SIMPLY AMAZING! Our family and friends are still calling and texting us, when we did our first look at the reception spot ... Read more (Crossland Ballroom) we were lost for words, just so elegant and romantic. Your referral for the florists, was on point as well. The banquet staff, forgive I cannot remember everyone's names - but just awesome, everyone had smiles on their faces and you could tell that they liked their jobs. All of our feedback was they have been to a lot of weddings and various venues, but the food was excellent, it was piping hot. But I know what it is, their secret weapon "CEDRIC", we knew from the moment that we met him that we were going to be okay. Trust me I am a hard person to please, but Cedric took very good care of us and ensured that everything was on point. I felt like we had the "dream team" to be honest I was so over the top excited that I could not even eat all of my dinner. Everything was just handled with class, and even Cedric's supervisor (Cleavette) stopped by to see us. I am telling you that The Hotel at University of Maryland, has a gem "Cedric". From the bottom of our hearts "Thank You Cedric & Team" job well done!! Thanks, C&J

Rhonda
Rhonda Raden

Married on 06/15/2019

Wonderful experience

My son was just married on June 15, 2019 and we used The Hotel a the University of Maryland to hold the reception and to reserve for guests staying overnight. The hotel is just about 3 years old and ... Read more is beautiful, also conveniently located. The rooms are large and comfortable with state of the art technology. Cedric Frazier was in charge of our event and we could not have been in better hands. He was patient and generous and has an incredible background in the hospitality/catering field. He was thoughtful and respectful about our needs while also contributing his creativity throughout the process. The staff throughout the hotel was pleasant and everyone was helpful. Having hosted numerous events this size, my daughter's wedding 2 years ago being the most recent, I can honestly say that the pricing is fair and the food was excellent. Our guests were quite complimentary about the event and their stay. Do not overlook this venue and definitely seek Cedric out. You will not be sorry.

J
Jessica

Married on 06/01/2019

Perfect venue for UMD alum! Great experience :)

We had our wedding at The Hotel UMD on 6/1/19. Our event was in the penthouse ballroom and our guests loved the ability to move between the ballroom and the terrace throughout the night. When we first ... Read more first booked our wedding we were working with Sheila. After about a year Sheila left The Hotel and we were paired with Cedric. We were so happy that Cedric inherited our wedding! He had all of our prior communication with Sheila and ensured anything we agreed on before was seen through. I'm also very Type A and pay a lot of attention to details and Cedric was very patient with all my questions/inquiries. Cedric made sure to keep in touch with us throughout the whole process and even gave us his cell phone number for the whole wedding weekend in case we had any questions! He was quick and responsive, which is something any couple needs for the venue coordinator. He is also calm/relaxed instead of a very high strung wedding planner. It is a nice change of pace. You could tell Cedric cared about making sure we were happy. At the food tasting, he surprised us with appetizers to taste because I couldn't figure out how we can serve appetizers if we didn't taste them. Also, we booked the governor's suite Friday night so the girls could get ready Saturday, and he gave us a complimentary additional night in the suite. This was AMAZING because we did not have to worry about being displaced or moving our items from hotel room to hotel room. Obviously the venue is gorgeous and if you are a UMD alum this is the perfect venue, but working with Cedric is the cherry on top. Thank you Cedric!!