Hired? Booked

The House of Hood

Los Angeles, CA · View map · Visit website

About The House of Hood

The House of Hood is a traveling hair and makeup company based in Los Angeles, California. The company has been part of the wedding industry for more than six years. This team of hair stylists and makeup artists are licensed cosmetologists and have all undergone formal training and to hone in their individual crafts. There is not one artist that can be guaranteed solely as your artist for your wedding as it can be based on availability. However, we will do our best to get you the talented stylist you request. Our team is comprised of stylists that are freelancers and have clients of their own in addition to our wonderful brides but each beauty stylist is 100% capable of knocking your look out of the park as well as everyone in your party. The House of Hood is a hub for health and wellness and can supply hair styling, makeup, personal training up to the wedding, and dress styling as well (we know and amazing wardrobe stylist)

Experience
Bethany Hood, the owner and makeup artist, studied cosmetology at Paul Mitchell The School Lexington in Kentucky. Her work experience in the field of makeup includes New York Fashion Week, Paris Fashion Week, LA Fashion Week and holds countless publications for beauty editorial projects, and cover portraits. In 2017, she began working heavily in film productions doing hair and makeup. Her clients include Allison Janey, Margo Martindale, Toby Kebbell, and Anna Hutchison

The House of Hood provides consultations and a large network of hair and makeup artists. It can accommodate up to 15 clients at a time. The company provides the following services:

• Consultations
  • Multiple stylists
  • Fitness/health (classes, meal plans, supplements, fitness plans, personal training, and weight-loss plans)
  • On-site hair and makeup

4 The House of Hood Reviews

M
Madison

Getting married on 06/15/2019

Bethany has done my makeup various times for events. She is so passionate about her work and it really shows. Throughout the process she described what she was doing, using, and why. She also ... Read more recommended products for my own personal use. Not only was she professional and very knowledgeable, she was fully willing to hear my vision and execute to the severity I was comfortable with (she didn’t just layer product on and on as if I was another face). I highly recommend Bethany for any of your makeup needs - wedding or not!! Plus she’s so much fun to be around!!

M
Margarwt

Married on 06/23/2018

Bethany is kind, personable, professional and most importantly, knowledagble! Being a type A personality, I tend to have a hard time handing over control, but Bethany makes this easy. Sit in your ... Read more chair and relax because you are in great hands! Her many years of hard work and experience show through in her work. She has done my makeup a few times in the past, and most recently did my makeup for my wedding. I wanted to look and feel natural, and I couldn’t have been happier with the results. Whatever look your going for, Bethany knows best!

S
Susan

Married on 04/07/2018

AMAZING! I cannot rave enough about Beautiful Bethany Hood! She responded so quickly to every question I had. The communication was better than expected. The trial was not only fun, but completely ... Read more necessary. We were able to get comfortable with each other, which made the day of easier. I could not have asked for one thing differently from Bethany. Thanks to her, my make-up, hair, and the entire morning went seamlessly. She even drove to the venue IN THE SNOW, and was setup and ready to go right on time. I absolutely adore this talented treasure, would recommend her to anyone, and can't wait to see her again!