The Houston Museum of Natural Science

Houston, Texas · View map · Visit website

About The Houston Museum of Natural Science

The Houston Museum of Natural Science is a venue defined by its architecturally incredible events spaces and boundless opportunity for imaginative expression. Whether you’d like to exchange vows amongst a stunning Gems and Minerals Collection or host a magical wedding reception beneath towering dinosaurs, this venue makes your wildest wedding day dreams possible.

Facilities and Capacity
Providing ideal environments for intimate parties of 20 and spectacular receptions of 2,000 alike, your wedding day at The Houston Museum of Natural Science will be one to remember. Hosting a plethora of event spaces to choose from, each one more unique than the next, you are sure to find the perfect space to say “I do” and celebrate your big day. Located in the city of Houston Texas, this venue offers several different environments and styles that cater to any personal taste. These stunning settings are beyond compare and will make your event one to remember.

The Houston Museum of Natural Science can spice up your event with fun activities and personal touches. In addition to event planning services, they also offer clean up as well as parking and valet.

Cuisine
The Museum’s exclusive full-service caterers are here to make your wedding process painless and effortless. With fully customizable options, any of their exclusive caterers provide all food and beverage services for your event including flatware, linens, staffing, and tables and chairs. The following are The Houston Museum of Natural Science’s exclusive caterers:

• A Fare Extraordinaire
  • Abuso Catering
  • Cafe Natalie
  • City Kitchen Catering
  • Melange Catering
  • French Gourmet Bakery (Daytime only)

17 Reviews for The Houston Museum of Natural Science

17 The Houston Museum of Natural Science Reviews

M
Featured
Molly

Married on 12/27/2014

My husband and I held our wedding reception in the Morian Hall of Paleontology at the end of last year, and I cannot say enough wonderful things about our entire experience. My brother, Justin, used ... Read more used to work in marketing for the museum and passed in 2012. I knew I wanted him to be a large part of our day, and I could not imagine having our reception anywhere other than one of his favorite places. Ashley Zalta showed me the space I had been interested in, The Grand Hall, and discussed the pros and cons of the space. Because it seemed as if we would have to bring in a lot of lighting and decor (and I was not a bride who wanted to go into all of that), she showed me the paleontology hall instead. I really appreciated the time she went into describing the pros and cons of both spaces. From then on, I had a wonderful experience working with her. The museum does require those using their halls to acquire a special events insurance policy. This was very easy to do, so do not become discouraged when you hear this information. On our wedding night, we were greeted by many employees of the museum when my husband and I entered the reception space. They were so genuine, and I have the best pictures of them smiling so hugely for us. Nearly 10 months after our wedding, my husband and I still have everyone talking to us about what an amazing experience our wedding was. I know that the space was unique, but I do believe that the museum's employees were also great at welcoming our guests. I promise you will not regret a wedding at HMNS.

Sandra
Sandra

Married on 07/26/2019

Great experience at the Sugar Land location

We used the Sugar Land location and it was perfect. Everyone has told us that they loved our unconventional venue and that it was perfect for us as a couple that loves science. Adrienne was great as ... Read more well. She was very accommodating to most of our requests. We also loved that we had plenty of space for our entire wedding (ceremony upstairs, cocktail hour and reception downstairs, and outdoor garden for games). Our guests were very excited to be able to go look at the exhibits throughout the reception.

C
Caroline

Married on 07/29/2017

We had our reception at the HMNS Sugar Land Branch. It was fantastic! We could not have asked for a better venue. With the venue rental, we got the entire two stories of permanent exhibits to ... Read more ourselves to explore and use. Cocktail hour with the dinosaurs, dinner with geodes, etc. All of our friends and family loved it! Adrienne was extremely helpful with every question we had. The museum really emphasized making sure they and all the vendors were on the same page, which was appreciated.