The Inn at Erlowest

Lake George, NY · View map · Visit website

About The Inn at Erlowest

The Inn at Erlowest, an elegant stone mansion, hosts local and destination weddings in the Albany, New York area. Couples will find a boutique-style wedding in this former castle residence overlooking Lake George. Placed along the eastern shore of the lake, this venue is approximately an hour north of Albany.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can invite 250 guests to join their celebration at The Inn at Erlowest. Ceremonies can be held at the scenic North Pointe or Courtyard. Couples wishing to be near the water will find themselves at North Pointe, set right on the shores of Lake George. The Courtyard offers broader views of the water near the venue’s Front Terrace. Inside, receptions can be held in the Grand Ballroom with its stunning white columns and flood of natural light.

A wedding at this venue gives couples the options of the following event services:

• Accommodations
  • Tables
  • Table Linens
  • Wireless Internet

Cuisine
Full in-house bar and catering services ensure couples and guests will be taken care of on the day of the wedding. The Inn at Erlowest offers the following serving styles for their cuisine:

• Buffet
  • White Glove Service
  • Stations
  • Tastings

Accommodation
Immediately following the reception, the Wedding Suite will be available to the couple. The nine other suites are all individually adorned with antique furniture and decor, with some presenting the comfort of a crackling fireplace.

Other Facilities
Couples have options with where they choose to prepare for their big day. They can choose from guest rooms, common areas or at a townhouse or villa at the nearby Sun Castle Resort. All preparation areas are spacious and elegantly decorated.

History
The inn was constructed in 1898 as part of Millionaires Row on the lake. The stone mansion served as a residence through the 1960s, when Charles Wood expanded the property to include Sun Castle Resort. The building was then sold to the current owners, who renovated the interior into its current form as a lakefront resort.

66 Reviews for The Inn at Erlowest

66 The Inn at Erlowest Reviews

G
Featured
Gabrielle

Married on 05/12/2018

Stop what you're doing right now and book the Inn at Erlowest as your wedding venue. I cannot even put into words how PERFECT, amazing and truly magical my wedding day was because of the Erlowest. ... Read more Julianna and Alexis are AMAZING and helped me throughout my entire wedding planning process. I specifically emailed Julianna back and forth every week for over a year and a half before my wedding. Julianna and I had hundreds of emails back and forth to each other. She answered every single one of my questions and always had the answer for me, she is amazing. She is such a sweet, down to earth person and beyond organized and answers emails so quickly; she is a gem and made my entire wedding planning process stress free. Julianna and Alexis helped out so much the day of my wedding, always smiling and calm which helped calmed my nerves knowing I was in good hands. My guests will not stop raving about how spectacular our wedding was. I cannot even count how many of our friends and family said that our wedding was the best wedding they have ever been to (and we are from New Jersey, where we go over the top with weddings). The food was beyond spectacular. Everything we ate was phenomenal and the chef blew it out of the water and nothing like any wedding food I have ever had. We had guests telling us it was the best food at a wedding they have ever had. My wedding was beyond beautiful and absolutely perfect and not one little thing went wrong, all thanks to the Erlowest staff. Juliana, Alexis, Laurie, Jo were all such a joy to work with and be around all weekend, always smiling and accommodating to all of my guest and I's needs. Besides the staff being absolutely magnificent, the location of the Erlowest is everything and more. I was married right on the water and boy was it a dream location. My wedding pictures are breathtaking and I will recommend this venue to every single bride I

Kontessa
Kontessa Siliski

Getting married on 12/17/2023

Overall Awesome!

Very helpful staff and loved visiting the premises. I look forward to having my dream wedding at this modern castle! Read more Very helpful staff and loved visiting the premises. I look forward to having my dream wedding at this modern castle!

Kathleen
Kathleen

Married on 11/04/2018

Exceeds Expectations

Everyone at the Erlowest was amazing! They pay such attention to detail. The food, the venue, setting up decorations for the ceremony, cocktail hour, they have the perfect Autumn foliage and amazing ... Read more views of the lake for outstanding wedding pictures. Every employee knew our names, waiters and waitresses knew who was seated at their table and greeted each guest by name! They make your experience their number one priority. Each guest is well taken care of and they bring the extra food from your cocktail hour/reception to your room after the wedding. We had enough to last the next two days we stayed there! Alexis is outstanding. She knows what she’s doing and is super thorough. She even met with me in person many times leading up to the big day, helped arrange items to fit our budget and kept everyone on track/schedule the day of... all with a smile! She does not pressure you to make any decisions and truly wants each bride to feel their day is unique and special. I legit cried the next day when thanking her and the staff. They were amazing. I would suggest booking your room at the Erlowest the night before your wedding AND the night of. The only trouble we had is the bride from the night before checked out of her room late, making us fall a little behind.