The Inn at Stonecliffe

Mackinac Island, MI · View map · Visit website

About The Inn at Stonecliffe

The Inn at Stonecliffe on Mackinac Island, Michigan, is truly a one-of-a-kind and picturesque venue for your wedding day. The Inn has a rich history, functioning as an independent college and a ski resort before becoming the elegant venue it is today. Everywhere you look is a picture-perfect portrait of what your wedding day could be like on Mackinac Island.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can choose to have their ceremony on the terraced lawn with the Straights of Mackinac as the setting behind them, or they can exchange vows in the Woodland Grotto, which is hidden from plain view. Receptions can be hosted either in the Bridgeview Tent or the mansion that projects a classic and vintage feel. The Bridgeview Tent can accommodate up to 120 wedding guests. Couples can also set up accommodations for their guests in the attached mansion and hotel, which includes the Inn and B&B.

Experienced staff at the Inn at Stonecliffe will work with you to coordinate outside vendors for your wedding day. The venue also offers additional services like:
Accommodations
Event planning

History
The Inn at Stonecliffe was originally built in 1904 by a wealthy potato farmer who came to Mackinac Island from Ireland. Over the years it has become home to several influential people and hosted political and social events. By the 2000s, it was owned and operated as a well-preserved inn. In 2004, the Inn celebrated 100 years of history.

13 Reviews for The Inn at Stonecliffe

13 The Inn at Stonecliffe Reviews

Stephanie
Featured
Stephanie Grace Bostick

Married on 05/23/2019

Perfect Spot for a Dreamy, Romantic Wedding

I held my small wedding reception on The Inn at Stonecliffe's Lakeview Portico at the end of May and I couldn't be happier with my experience! The entire staff was helpful, accommodating, and ... Read more professional. Becky, the wedding coordinator, was especially pleasant and easy to work with. The setting was absolutely beautiful and the food was amazing. Highly recommend.

John
John Auskamp

Married on 08/03/2019

Perfect Day

The Stonecliffe was a wonderful location for our daughters wedding reception. The venue was very intimate yet able to handle the guest count of 80. The staff was exceptional and very helpful at every ... Read more every turn. Most guest stayed at the Inn or at nearby condos. Special thank you to Venus and Becky and the rest of the crew at Stonecliffe. It was a wedding to remember.

K
Susan

Married on 03/23/2017

Our wedding at the Inn at Stonecliffe was breathtaking! It was everything that I had hoped for and more. We had our ceremony in the grotto and our reception in the bridge view tent. The rainy morning ... Read more turned into a beautiful afternoon and made the lighting for our 4:30 ceremony look like something out of a fairy tail. The Inn's wedding coordinator, Becky, went above and beyond the day of and the months prior, to make sure that our day would be perfect. I must have sent her 100 emails in the months leading up to our big day and she was always there to answer my questions or come up with suggestions for me! She was absolutely amazing! Thank you to all of the staff that helped make our day special!