The Lazy Swan Golf and Country Club

Saugerties, NY · View map · Visit website

About The Lazy Swan Golf and Country Club

The Lazy Swan Golf and Country Club is a wedding venue located in Saugerties, New York. The venue’s alluring mountain scenery, abundant perennial gardens, and swans gliding tranquilly across nearby ponds offer a distinctive and magical backdrop for your wedding photos.

Facilities and Capacity

This elegant wedding venue can accommodate between 125 to 300 wedding guests. The 12,500-square-foot octagonal ballroom features scenic views of the lush grounds and the Catskill Mountains. Glass French doors and a blue stone patio add further sophistication to the event space’s decor. State-of-the-art lighting, a complete audio and visual system, a built-in stage platform, and an oversized cherry wood dance floor provide a welcoming and festive atmosphere. A luxurious bridal suite with a private powder room is available two hours prior to your event and throughout the remainder of your wedding.

The Lazy Swan Golf and Country Club features a staff that is committed to making your wedding an unforgettable day. They offer event space for various wedding-related events, including engagement parties, showers, rehearsal dinners, ceremonies, and receptions. Couples booking their celebration here are ensured an event that reflects their personal style, taste, and budget. The venue’s wedding planning team guides you through every detail of the process to deliver an experience that’s as stress free as possible. In addition, this event space also has the following services and items available:

• Liability insurance
  • WiFi
  • Tables and chairs
  • Tents and tent accessories

Cuisine

When holding your event here, you and your guests can enjoy a delicious wedding meal created by the venue’s nationally recognized chef. Customizable menus include your choice of hors d’oeuvres, food stations, carving stations, mouth-watering entrées, and more. The venue’s culinary team can create menu offerings to accommodate special dietary needs, such as gluten-free, lactose-free, nut-free, vegetarian, and vegan options. An array of bar services are also at your disposal:

• Bartender(s)
  • Cash, limited, or open bar
  • Champagne toast
  • House beer, liquor, and wine
  • Premium liquor
  • Signature drink
  • Specialty beer and wine

4 Reviews for The Lazy Swan Golf and Country Club

4 The Lazy Swan Golf and Country Club Reviews

Erin
Erin

Married on 09/22/2018

2018 all new staff = perfect venue!

The Lazy Swan is, without a doubt, the MOST beautiful wedding venue in the Hudson Valley-- that is evident the minute you turn down the long driveway lined with weeping willows--not to mention the ... Read more gorgeous decor of the ballroom--from the understated neutral tones to the vaulted ceilings, countless crystal chandeliers, and endless windows. My husband and I got married at The Lazy Swan on 9/22/18 and our special day was PERFECT. You may be reading some older reviews of this venue on Yelp and other platforms and getting more and more anxious as you read -- I promise you that the new team at The Lazy Swan is AMAZING and you can safely disregard any review dated before July 2018. The Lazy Swan recently changed wedding coordinators......several times. We booked the venue in August 2017 and saw 2 wedding coordinators come and go before they hired Hope. Hope is AMAZING. She will be your best friend by the time your first meeting is over. I truly believe that the reason for the revolving door of wedding coordinators at the property was because they were waiting for perfection and wouldn't settle for anything less. Enter Hope. She swooped in 2 months before our wedding and got more accomplished in 1 week than the others had done in 10 months. She walked into a position which had been left a mess by not 2 but 3 predecessors and tied everything up into a perfect bow. She ironed out the details of our menu, made sure our contract was squared away, and made us feel confident and comfortable that the most important day of our lives was in her hands. We had plenty of servers and bar tenders at our event of 150 people and the service was great. They also hired a new chef and the food was out of this world. Everyone is still talking about how beautiful the venue was, how tasty the food was, and what a great party we had there. If you are looking for a wedding venue look no further--this is the place you want!

E
Elaina

Married on 08/27/2016

Not sure what the other review could have had to complain about because our wedding at the Lazy Swan was perfect. The venue is a beautiful venue and Kristen was accommodating very easy to work with. ... Read more Every guest at our wedding had nothing but great things to say about the venue, the food and the waitstaff and bartenders. We couldn't have been happier with our wedding at The Lazy Swan!

M
Megan

Married on 05/07/2016

1.7

I looked at probably over twenty venues before booking The Lazy Swan which was actually one of the first venues I looked at. It was the most spectacular one still to this day and reasonably priced. ... Read more After meeting with Kristen, my sister and I felt uneasy with her handling the wedding which is why I did not initially book my wedding there. After a few emails to her with no response I got very nervous. But after finding no other venues which held one wedding on a Saturday evening and in our budget, we decided to book it at The Lazy Swan. I made my mom in charge of emailing back and forth with Kristen from the day we booked it so I had one less thing to worry about. I felt ok with everything until the day of the wedding. She was very off the day of the wedding. I do not know if she was tired of what it was but my other vendors could not believe how she was acting. I was actually setting things up on the day of the wedding which is not what a bride does. As I was walking down the isle, I noticed candles were there which would have made my dress catch on fire if my mom did not blow them out. (This was not shown to me before hand). She forget to give my ring bearers their pillows to carry down the isle. The craziest part of the entire wedding was she actually went up to two of my tables telling them they ran out of fish because the trays were dropped. My mother went back into the kitchen and nothing was dropped, they ran out of fish even though I gave her a food count in advance. (Also, the chef had been replaced from the one who did our original tasting.) People also waited way too long for their food. With such a beautiful place it is ashame that it is represented like this. Also, all of the appetizers myself and fiancé ordered were not the ones given at cocktail hour. At the end of the night she begged my mother not to write a review but I am sorry, for the price we paid for a wedding and for my wedding to be a disaster it is not fair to me or other potential clients.