The Main Event

3 The Main Event Reviews

S
Shelbie

Married on 11/28/2015

The Main Event is a perfect place to have your wedding. Terre Haute lacks in event spaces and The Main Event has finally provided the perfect big event space. Management is exceptional to work with. ... Read more Very helpful and works with the bride and groom to accomplish all their wants. There is plenty of space for a large wedding. 300 people can fit very comfortably in the space. Also there is a great kitchen and back room for a rehearsal dinner. There are rooms for the bridal party to get dressed and ready on site which are extremely convenient and help make the day less stressful. I would definitely recommend The Main Event for your wedding. I can't stress enough how amazing management is and the overall space it provides is unbeatable.

M
Megan

Married on 09/26/2015

I would ABSOLUTELY recommend this venue to any bride. Our wedding was everything I had dreamed of and more. The Sturgeon family (owners) played a HUGE role in preparing for the wedding and helping on ... Read more on the wedding day! I personally felt a lot less stress because they already had the tables, chairs, table cloths, silverware, and dishes. Not having to go multiple places to rent everything was so much easier and a lot less stressful. We were able to get in the venue mid week which was a lot earlier than most places. I had the ceremony and reception in the same room and it worked perfectly, we dismissed to a cocktail hour out front so the florist and caterer could come in and prepare for the reception. Kathy and her staff were there to help with the transition and everything turned out exactly how I wanted it. Its a blank slate that you can decorate any way you want to achieve your dream wedding! I could go on for days about how amazing my experience was but I truly think that anyone who books this venue will be so happy that they made the decision to go with The Main Event!!!

L
Laura

Married on 06/27/2015

Where do I begin?! Your vision will come to life if you choose to work with Roger and Kathy at The Main Event. I didn't want to pay for a wedding planner but I wasn't confident I could pull off the ... Read more look I wanted on my own. Here is where Kathy stepped in and helped guide me to create the the exact atmosphere I was looking for at our reception. It does not matter how over the top or far fetched your vision is they will go the extra mile to try to make it happen. They built a photo booth out of scaffolding that was turned in to "magic box" for us to appear in for our grand entrance. When this first came up in early discussions I told Kathy we are getting in over our head, it was just a silly idea we were tossing around. She wasn't going to throw in the towel that easily and after a few brainstorming sessions we were able to pull it off. Other perks of choosing The Main Event: •Tables, chairs, linens, place settings available •You can use their catering or hire someone else •Many decorations available for rent (this alleviates having 75 vases etc. after your event) •They are great people and work well with any DJ or caterer you choose I often think back to our reception and reminisce with friends about how perfect the night was. I would not have changed one thing and that is thanks to Kathy and Roger and their entire staff. Laura Hunt

The Main Event FAQ