The Mansion Inn

Rock City Falls, NY · View map · Visit website

About The Mansion Inn

The Mansion Inn, a Victorian mansion in the Albany, New York area, hosts weddings for couples who want a vintage or rustic look for their special day. With the historic mansion and a barn location for couples to choose from, this venue hosts events as individual as couples themselves. Located a fifteen-minute drive from the Saratoga Performing Arts Center, this venue is both convenient and private.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can invite up to 150 guests to join them on this four-acre estate. The grounds are well-kept and filled with gardens and ponds, where you can find The Mansion Inn’s two resident swans. Couples can host their reception in a grand tent on the property with solid wooden flooring, or inside one of the two indoor locations. A reception in the mansion takes place in the parlors with fireplaces, large windows and antique decor. The barn exudes rustic charm with warm wooden walls and beams, as well as circular chandeliers overhead and plenty of natural light.

Couples who choose not to use the mansion as the location for their ceremony or reception, and instead take advantage of the elegant property or rustic barn, still have access to the inn and surrounding areas. The Mansion Inn provides the following services to couples for their wedding:

• Accommodations
  • Parking
  • Setup
  • Tables

Cuisine
Focusing on the individualization of couples and their weddings, The Mansion Inn offers no predetermined packages as catering options. Instead, their head chef, Rick Bieber, works with couples to create a unique menu for their event.

Accommodation
Ten suites can be found inside the venue, each with massive period beds and private baths. Each room is uniquely styled and decorated with antique furniture and cozy linens. Some rooms contain fireplaces and all boast large windows that look out over the grounds of the mansion.

History
The Mansion Inn was first built as a 23-room estate in 1866. Now on the National Register of Historic Places, the inn served as a residence to The Paper Bag King, George West. After 150 years the house remains much the same as it appeared in its conception.

44 Reviews for The Mansion Inn

44 The Mansion Inn Reviews

Angel
Angel Zheng

Married on 05/18/2019

Perfect venue for our Chinese tea ceremony

We rented out the Mansion Inn the whole weekend for a small elopement celebration / Chinese tea ceremony. The rooms were gorgeous and our guests had a lot of fun sleeping over (breakfast was amazing!) ... Read more Chef Rick was so much fun to work with and was excited to whip up some of our traditional Chinese meals. He was so accommodating and co-designed the menu with us to feature home recipes. Annie was a lifesaver and Lori was amazing as well. The day of was stress free thanks to all of them plus the attendants (even helped us sew a button that popped off!!). Can’t say enough good things about them. Thank you!

R
Rick Marchant

Married on 10/06/2018

We can’t wait to have another wedding here!

Everything about the Mansion Inn is enchanting. The grounds, the exceptional staff, chef Rick, our planner Annie (The A Team), the quirky historic buildings..... We can’t say enough about how grateful ... Read more we are.

Kristyn
Kristyn

Married on 09/22/2018

I honestly don't even know where to begin. The Mansion was an absolute dream. The moment I walked into The Mansion I felt like family, and I knew right away it was the venue for us. I didn't even look ... Read more at another venue! (When you know, you know!) The Mansion is a creative's dream. What drew me to them initially was the flexibility of their space! There's SO much to play with! I also loved how we never had to leave the property the entire weekend. It made for a smooth, relaxing, and wonderful weekend. The staff at the Mansion deserve so much more praise than I can put into words. I went into the planning process with a very specific vision and theme - and they encouraged my creativity throughout! Chef Rick took my ideas for dinner and developed an absolutely amazing menu that was so perfect for our day. My guests were floored by how delicious and exciting all of the food was! (Also, huge shoutout to the fun signature drinks, and all of the bartending staff!) I also can't leave this review without mentioning dessert. Holy cow. The desserts were just as creative as cocktail hour and dinner. Between the cake, the churros, the candied apples, and the Mickey-shaped rice kripsie treats - our guests had enough sugar to keep them dancing all night long! :D Seriously amazing. Annie, the event coordinator, is brilliant. She was so easy to talk to, flexible, eager to answer any questions I had, and was such an integral part of our day. She honestly seemed as excited for our wedding as we were - and encouraged our creativity throughout! Her attentiveness the day of was a lifesaver. I think she has spider-senses, because every time I felt a little overwhelmed she was at my side asking if I needed anything! I honestly can't thank her enough. Also huge shoutouts to Lori, Regina, and everyone else at The Mansion for making our wedding magical. Unfortunately there isn't enough space to thank everyone enough. Choosing The Mansion was the best decision I could have made! <3