The Maridor

Roanoke, VA · View map · Visit website

About The Maridor

The Maridor is a historic mansion wedding venue located in Roanoke, Virginia. Built in 1960, this restored mansion is nestled in the heart of historic Roanoke and offers beautifully appointed event spaces that are the perfect setting for your wedding. The venue is located near Grandin Village, and provides easy access to the Blue Ridge Parkway and other unique Roanoke attractions.

Facilities and Capacity

The Maridor is a mansion venue, offering a variety of ballroom, garden, and banquet hall event venues capable of hosting elegant events for up to 150 people. This complete turnkey venue is an ideal location to host weddings, receptions, and rehearsal dinners, and the venue features a variety of set-ups and configurations to execute your event exactly as you dreamed. The 2,000-square-foot ballroom brings both versatility and elegance to your event, with ample space for dancing and dining. With unique, colonial architecture and Federal Style detailing, the ballroom creates a regal ambiance that you and your guests will not forget. The main floor includes a fireplace, as well as an adjacent bar area for cocktail hour. The venue also offers a variety of slightly smaller rooms on the first floor of the mansion that are ideal for hosting slightly smaller events, such as intimate weddings, bridal showers, and engagement parties. Their landscaped, private courtyard features a giant oak tree that shades your wedding nuptials, and also features a bright and airy sun-porch with twinkling cafe lights to decorate your evening.

The Maridor specializes in providing professional, personalized services that are tailored to each client’s unique wedding and event needs, as well as all-inclusive packages to make your experience as easy and seamless as possible. Their staff includes an on-site bridal consultant that provides expert guidance and attention to detail while planning your event. The venue provides tables and chiavari chairs, linens, outdoor padded chairs, and use of in-house wedding decor to complete your wedding vision. Clients can also make use of a bridal suite and groom’s suite, on-site catering and bar services, and overnight accommodations for couples, guests, and wedding party members. Other event services include:

• Accommodations
  • Outside vendors
  • Set-up
  • Wifi

History

Built in 1916, this beautifully restored mansion is an elegant example of Colonial Revival architecture with Federal style detailing. The five-bedroom home was originally called San Souci, and has been owned by five different owners since its conception. One of the owners, Marion Augustus Smyth, renamed the home “The Maridor” after his two children, Marion and Dorothy.

15 Reviews for The Maridor

15 The Maridor Reviews

J
Featured
Jennifer

Married on 06/27/2015

I can't say enough good things about Brette, Henry, and their staff at the Maridor. Our wedding went off without a hitch. I am a very dominant person, one who needs to be in control of things so that ... Read more that I can know they are being done just right so my wedding day was a bit scary to me. I was able to basically let go and let Brette, she knows how things flow best, she knows where you need to be when, I mean, she was amazing. Brette can serve as a day of coordinator and she did a fabulous job. The Maridor is absolutely visually stunning while being very comfortable and functional. Can't say enough about the staff, the food, the bar, and the decor, perfect 10!

L
Lexu

Married on 06/08/2019

Highly recommend!!

My husband and I got married at The Maridor on June 8, 2019. We absolutely loved the experience. Brenda and her team went above and beyond our expectations with everything from the planning process to ... Read more decorations to vendor organization to last time rain contingency plans. Brenda always answered questions in a very timely manner and did everything to insure our wedding was everything we've ever dreamed of! The food was absolutely delicious and many guests pulled us aside to compliment the food. My 9 bridesmaids and I stayed the night at The Maridor and everything was perfect! We were provided linens, bath towels, a complimentary breakfast in the morning with coffee, fruits, pastries, and yogurt. Everything was spectacular! We loved everything about our experience and we would HIGHLY recommend The Maridor!

Micah
Micah & Katie Wilshire

Married on 04/13/2019

Incredible

I found the Maridor when my original wedding venue had to cancel due to a massive flood- the week before Christmas! I panicked that I had to scramble to find somewhere else to have our wedding, and ... Read more felt like giving up & eloping. Then I found the Maridor, and everything was saved. First of all, the home is EQUISITE- it’s beautifully-maintained, and the grounds are simply gorgeous. Rita and David (the owners), take such amazing care of the home and the people who choose to have their wedding there. Brenda & Jen, the wedding coordinators, are true professionals who cater to every need and dream of the bride and groom. Brenda spent months helping me re-work my wedding dream, and made it all a reality for us on our big day (April 13th!). Ashley, the incredible chef, created delicious dishes that the guests are STILL talking about. Melissa and the other staff set up the garden for our ceremony, and the ballroom for our reception. They took my table seating plans and worked it all out EXACTLY how we wanted. The bartender was also FABULOUS- he was quite a hit with the guests! When I look back on our wedding day, I have nothing but incredible memories and things to say about The Maridor and it’s WONDERFUL crew. Brides, this place is a dream come true. Don’t think twice about booking your special day here!!