The Mt. Washington Tavern

Baltimore, MD · View map · Visit website

About The Mt. Washington Tavern

A historic wedding venue in Baltimore, Maryland, The Mt. Washington Tavern is the perfect location for hosting celebrations of all types and sizes. Keeping with the spirit of Baltimore, the venue is decorated with Chesapeake Bay-inspired artwork and commemorative collections. With more than 35 years of experience, The Mt. Washington Tavern is sure to guarantee a seamless event!

Facilities and Capacity
The Mt. Washington Tavern boasts an abundance of flexible event space. Offering both indoor and outdoor settings, the venue comfortably seats 400 of your nearest and dearest guests.

Couples who choose the venue to celebrate their nuptials benefit from a wide array of services. In addition to setup and cleanup, the venue also offers event planning.

History
Founded in 1979 by a group of entrepreneurial friends, The Mt. Washington Tavern quickly became a neighborhood staple. Following a multi-alarm fire that destroyed both its interior and much of its exterior in the fall of 2011, the venue underwent a major rebuild and renovation. A year later, the “new” Mt. Washington Tavern was unveiled to excited Maryland patrons.

Location
The Mt. Washington Tavern is conveniently located in the historic Mt. Washington neighborhood of Baltimore. The venue is approximately five minutes from a number of popular attractions and landmarks, such as the Mt. Washington Arboretum and Asbury Park.

17 Reviews for The Mt. Washington Tavern

17 The Mt. Washington Tavern Reviews

B
Featured
Brae

Married on 06/20/2015

I would highly recommend the Mt. Washington Tavern as a wedding reception location - Mary and Holly helped to make my reception better than I could have ever imagined. They were helpful throughout the ... Read more entire planning process and decorated the space better beautifully - they helped relieve any wedding planning stress I had. The food was great - the space was perfect and everything went smoothly - not one detail was overlooked!! The Mt. Washington Tavern played a huge role in making our wedding day unforgettable!

Courtney
Courtney

Married on 10/07/2018

This place is a hidden gem!

I cannot day enough great things about our experience with The Mt. Washington Tavern! First, let me say that Mary, the event coordinator, is absolutely wonderful! She made the whole process so easy ... Read more and fun and really put our minds at ease when we got down to the end of planning. She answers any and all questions (no matter how ridiculous) and is extremely helpful. Holly did such a beautiful job on all of the flower arrangements, bouquets, and boutonnières! I didn’t give her anything specific that I wanted, but she made them all perfectly! The food was AMAZING and we got so many compliments on it. Everyone loved the mashed potato bar, the dessert table, and of course, the open bar! The entire staff was so helpful, especially to set everything up, switch the rooms around, and tear everything down! Everything on our wedding day went off without a hitch and it was amazing! I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a venue in the Baltimore area!

C
Chris

Married on 08/04/2018

My now husband and I could not be any happier with our decision to have our rehearsal dinner at Mt. Washington Tavern on 8/2/2018. We were lucky enough to work directly with Mary throughout the entire ... Read more entire planning process. Mary and her team run a well-oiled machine at the Tavern, and we can’t compliment them enough as to how great the food and service was! We both received numerous compliments from family and friends on how great the rehearsal dinner was and how professional/courteous the entire staff was. We highly recommend Mt. Washington Tavern!