The Old Field Club

East Setauket, NY · View map · Visit website

About The Old Field Club

The Old Field Club is a waterfront wedding venue located in Setauket, New York. The rustic club has a unique style that attracts couples from all over New York. Impeccable service, delicious food, and a priceless view make this venue one to be desired by many. Situated along the water on Long Island’s north shore, it is a great escape from the hustle and bustle of New York City.

Facilities and Capacity
It is no question The Old Field Club has a spectacular property. The views of the water and the greens alone are enough to say “I do.” The outdoor pavilion is what really makes the venue special. Its space creates a serene moment that is perfect for any wedding ceremony. Couples share laughs, tears, and memories under it that they will cherish forever. For an indoor space, The Old Field Club offers a rustic ballroom. Designed to resemble a barn, the room is able to be transformed into a magical place. You and up to 250 guests will use its space for receptions and enjoy the views of the shore.

Anything you can dream up, the event planning team will create. As you are the only event on the day of your wedding, you will have access to the space and the bridal suite prior to your start time. Staff will be 100 percent dedicated to your event's setup and cleanup. They are also capable of throwing other wedding parties affiliated with your big day.

Cuisine
The catering services at The Old Field Club have a stellar reputation for quality and service. Each meal they prepare has a personal touch, making it even more special than the last. Meals are prepared in the dining style of your choice, including buffet, French services, family style, and plated. The Old Field Club also has in-house bar and bartenders available for your event.

66 Reviews for The Old Field Club

66 The Old Field Club Reviews

L
Featured
Laura

Married on 08/25/2018

We couldn't be happier with our choice to host our wedding reception at The Old Field Club. From start to finish, the staff was extremely helpful, kind and open to whatever requests or needs we had - ... Read more in particular, Stephanie in catering and Rob the maitre d'. We fell in love with the venue the second we walked in the door. With the high ceilings, rustic feel and beautiful outdoor area it's definitely a nice change from the typical Long Island catering venue. One of the first things we loved was the beer - we are beer people - since they have a lot of great craft and Long Island beer on tap. Another big selling point for us was being able to take photos down the street at the beach, with the colorful cabanas and beautiful scenery. The food, though we didn't get to taste it in advance, was absolutely incredible. We had nothing to worry about. We got so many compliments from our guests about the food and I personally was dreaming of the grits and pasta the next morning. :) While the OFC is a bit more expensive per person than some other venues, we had a smaller wedding (120 people, including us) and the size was perfect. We were really grateful that we didn't have to pay extra for more food for less people - a lot of places we looked had a 200 person minimum for Saturday nights. We did the buffet-style dinner, initially because it was less money per person, but in the end, it was a great choice. It allowed our guests who were up and dancing to continue enjoying the party, and people who were sitting to get food ASAP. Guests were also able to try multiple entrees, and enjoy the pasta stations and carving station at dinner time. It's different than what most people expect, but we got compliments about how people liked that structure. I was worried it would be awkward and tacky but Rob and the staff handled it quite formally and well. I truly can't say enough good things about our entire experience with the OFC. I highly recommend it.

K
Kaitlin Raspen

Married on 08/10/2019

Perfect venue

We fell in love with the Old Field Club as soon as we saw it! It was rustic but still with all the amenities of a catering hall -- the best of both worlds. The staff exceeded our expectations on the ... Read more day of the wedding. Stephanie, the head of catering, was excellent and quickly responded to requests. Carlos, our maitre'd that day, was excellent and was attentive to our every need. We loved that we chose this as our venue.

J
Julie B

Married on 07/27/2019

Perfect Wedding Venue

The Old Field Club is one-of-a-kind venue with impeccable customer service from start to finish. I had both my ceremony and reception at The Old Field Club on 7/27/19 and the event was executed ... Read more flawlessly. The staff at the Old Field Club truly sets them apart. A few months prior to my wedding day, I met with Stephanie in person. When she told me there was another event the morning of the wedding I was really nervous. She assured me the staff would have the event completed turned over and ready for my night wedding, and she was absolutely right. Following our meeting she answered any additional question I had over email so quickly. My husband was very particular about the Montauk beer selection on tap and Stephanie ensured that we could have the Driftwood on tap. I had a few last minute guest drop outs and she adjusted my bill accordingly. She is so patient and accommodating, which is so important in the wedding industry. The day of the wedding, Stephanie was on-site working my wedding in addition to my Maître D Carlos and Bridal Attendant Serenity. Stephanie helped my mom with my wedding bustle, and I even saw her serving food at my buffet when the line was long. I met my Maître D, Carlos, at the ceremony rehearsal. He was so organized and efficient, he led the ceremony rehearsal and put everyone at ease. The day of, Carlos ran the show and could not have been more supportive. Multiple times throughout the night he was asking my husband, myself, and our parents if we needed anything. I found out after my outdoor ceremony that a hurt goose was wandering into the ceremony and getting really close to the bridal party. Carlos quickly and quietly got the goose away from the girls and out of the ceremony. He truly went above and beyond the day of to ensure it was a perfect day. Serenity was my personal bridal attendant. She did everything from holding my dress train to filling my bridal suite with food and beverages. After the ceremony, she came in with a special appetizer platter for my husband and I so we could have a brief moment alone and enjoy the amazing cocktail hour food. For dinner, she made us a personal plate and ensured we were eating and happy. The entire staff was truly top notch. Guests told us after the wedding that the Old Field Club served the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding. We went with buffet which kept a fun, casual atmosphere and allowed guests to enjoy multiple dishes. I highly recommend the pasta Bolognese, salmon and short rib grits! Honestly there wasn’t a bad dish, but those were our top 3. We also added the lamb chops at cocktail hour and mac and cheese bar, highly recommend both! The venue itself feels so intimate and so different from a typical wedding factory venue. The fireplace, outdoor deck on the water and Old Field mural set it apart from other venues on Long Island. I had 110 guests, and loved that they could move inside and outside as they pleased and had enough space on the dance floor. This venue is worth every penny. Thank you to the OFC staff for an unforgettable wedding day!