The Olde Farmhouse Barn

Marshall, MI · View map · Visit website

About The Olde Farmhouse Barn

The Olde Farmhouse Barn is a quaint and rustic wedding venue in Marshall, Michigan. This beautiful property is surrounded by lush corn, wheat and soybean fields, and gently shaded by towering mature trees that exhibit spectacular colors in the fall. For bridal couples looking for an elegant country venue, this charming setting provides the idyllic location for both indoor and outdoor wedding ceremonies and receptions.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples may host up to 175 wedding guests within The Olde Farmhouse Barn. The Olde Farmhouse is a big, white farmhouse with a wrap-around porch. Full of character and Old World charm, it provides the ideal backdrop for an outdoor wedding ceremony. Couples can exchange vows on the porch while guest look on from the impeccable gardens. In addition couples could choose these additional spaces for their special day:

• Big red barn
  • Corn Crib
  • Garden

The Olde Farmhouse Barn is a full-service wedding venue with on-site catering and event coordination available. The venue includes:

• All-inclusive packages

Featured
Heather Ferguson

Married on 10/20/2018

The best day ever...10.20.18

The Olde Farmhouse Barn in Marshall, Michigan was truly a "magical" place for us. Both Shannon & Andy, from the beginning, were amazing! Their catering service, Pistachios, was delicious (and deserves ... Read more its own review)! They listened to our needs & wants and helped guide us on our pre-wedding journey! The entire journey was exciting and naturally, overwhelming at times, but beautiful and I simply wanted to take in the entire experience! Bare with me, haha, this is going to be long, but deserving..... To preface, as a bride-to-be, I had "waited" for my "right person" and wedding experience pretty much my whole life.... and here it was... happening right before my eyes. Once we booked with The Olde Farmhouse barn (etc), the time flew by! I wasn't nervous. I didn't have cold feet. I knew this was my person and this was meant to be. We knew what our wedding vision was, so there wasn't any need to freak out, per say. Basically in a nutshell, the process of preparing wasn't as scary or as extremely overwhelming as I've heard it to be. Partially, because we kept things simple like decorations and choosing cupcakes... and primarily, The Olde Farmhouse Barn already had everything we needed or wanted! Their decorations truly were the biggest help. The lighting, the yard games, the fire pit, the staff, etc!! Andy always made sure we were happy, confident & content with everything! When the day came, again, I wasn't scared or nervous at all... everyone checked in with me and my response was always "I'm just excited!!!" Then...2pm came around (wedding at 4pm) and it hit me....I started to become overwhelmed and anxious. The weather became erratic and so did my emotions. Fast forward to 4:10pm...on my way to the the barn with my bridesmaids... terribly concerned with the weather and was already late to my own wedding (of course lol), Shannon reminded me that "everything is okay! That everyone was socializing with each other in the barn, not getting wet!" lol, and not stress out over details! I was thankful, but my mind couldn't sit still (not in a bad way....something you'll understand when the time comes, I suppose)! We pull up to the bridal suite and I just lose it...I began crying! Cried my way right into the suite! Shannon reassured me that everything was wonderful! That we've got this! I wasn't crying because I was upset, I mean yes- I'd hoped that the weather would be perfect, but I was crying because I was so overcome with happiness...this truly was one of thee best days of my life! Pulling into the barn driveway was like a beautiful dream...a fairytale dream type of feeling. I cried and I laughed! The food was delicious! ProDj's entertainment were amazing and we just had thee most beautiful experience that will always be in our hearts for the rest of time! So...would I suggest The Olde Farmhouse Barn? *Absolutely*, 100 times over! To Shannon and Andy, you both were amazing to us and for us! Thank you so much for being such a huge part in a day we'll never forget!

W
Wendy Soubel

Getting married on 09/14/2019

Exceptional owners/managers

We decided on a different venue, but if your wedding theme is country or rustic, reserve the Olde Farmhouse Barn. We exchanged several phone calls and e-mails with Andy and Shannon, the owners, and ... Read more visited their venue—1 of 7 places we saw and countless others we contacted. They stood out in their responsiveness, information shared and, most of all, warmth and friendliness. The experience and passion they bring to their work is exceptional and evident in the questions they asked and suggestions they made. We had no doubt that our wedding would go as we hoped with Andy and Shannon at the helm. Even in the depths of winter, we could envision a fall ceremony on the farmhouse’s lovely porch, social hour in the funky corn crib and reception and dancing in the well-maintained barn. While we did opt for a different location and look, just the interactions we had with Andy and Shannon helped to ensure we will have a better event.

L
Lauren

Married on 06/02/2018

I want to start by saying I've been ready to write a review for the Olde Farmhouse Barn for the last 6 months, but figured I should at least wait until after our wedding! We had our ceremony on the ... Read more front porch of the house, which was formerly a B&B that is absolutely gorgeous, and dependent on when you plan to host your event, COMPLETELY SHADED! It was fabulous. We lucked out with our weather, but it would be perfect in case your day happens to be a scorcher. The barn itself comfortably fit all 140 of our guests, plus, beautiful sidewalks and an enormous pebble sealed patio was perfect for our guests who wanted to explore a bit. I will tell you, photos do not do this gem the justice it deserves. You need to see it for yourself to really understand its charm. There is also a groomsman suite and a bridal suite on the property which were absolute game changers as we finished getting ready to walk down the aisle (which is actually a beautiful stone sidewalk). Our entire experience was elevated because of the graciousness, kindness and thoughtfulness of both Shannon and Andy Minor. Shannon and Andy worked their butts off preparing for our day, between all of the unanticipated landscape work to completing the awesome fire pit, we couldn't have asked for better hosts who have quickly become our friends. If you want to go somewhere that makes a venue feel like home, I highly suggest the Olde Farmhouse Barn.