The Orange County Regional History Center

Orlando, FL · View map

About The Orange County Regional History Center

Located in the beautifully restored 1927 Courthouse, The Orange County Regional History Center is a historic wedding venue located in the heart of downtown Orlando. This venue boasts classic architecture, flexible indoor and outdoor event spaces, four floors of unique and interactive exhibits and a central Orlando location. Whether you desire an intimate ceremony with your closest family members, or a grand wedding celebration with all your friends, the Orange County Regional History Center is the perfect setting for a unique and memorable wedding event.

Facilities and Capacity
The Orange County Regional History Center offers five main indoor and outdoor event spaces to accommodate up to 225 wedding guests. Say "I do" in their historic courtroom or outdoor courtyard, sip on cocktails in the lively first-floor atrium, dance the night away in the Traveling Exhibit Hall, or rent out exhibits and let your guests experience the entire museum.

The Orange County Regional History Center offers venue rental for weddings and other social events. The History Center is an ideal setting for all your wedding festivities, including engagement parties, rehearsal dinners and bridal showers. Wedding services available include the following:

• Bridal suite
  • Event rentals
  • Lighting/sound
  • Chairs
  • Tables
  • Setup
  • Cleanup

History
In 1927, a neoclassical revival building—now the History Center's home—was built and became Orlando's main courthouse. By 1942, the community sought to remember a century of history through a pioneer-times display in the old brownstone courthouse next door. This popular exhibit grew, and a historical museum was opened in Loch Haven Park after the brownstone courthouse was demolished in 1957. When the newest high-rise Orlando courthouse debuted in 1995, the 1927 courthouse became a regional history museum.

Location
The Orange County Regional History Center is located at Magnolia Avenue and Central Boulevard in the heart of downtown Orlando. Parking is available in the Library Parking Garage across from the Orlando Public Library. This venue is located minutes away from popular Orlando area theme parks and attractions.

50 Reviews for The Orange County Regional History Center

50 The Orange County Regional History Center Reviews

Erica
Erica

Getting married on 07/27/2019

Event: Graduation party on 12.12.14 I held my upscale, over the top graduation party at OCRHC. When I met with Taylor to discuss my vision for the night, she immediately understood what it was I was ... Read more was going after. Taylor is sweet, prompt, and very professional. Often times I would be able to get emails responded to within a few hours. The space used was the lobby for cocktail hour and the traveling exhibit room for the party. Ashley H. handled the day of logistics for my event. I would use OCRHC again for another event in a heartbeat. The staff was so wonderful and they were fully engaged with me regarding making sure the details was just right.

Samantha
Samantha

Married on 09/29/2018

Perfect Venue at a Reasonable Price

We absolutely loved having our wedding at the history center. We researched a lot of venues, but for the price, location, and space, this was the best deal by far. My husband and I loved being able to ... Read more choose all of our own vendors. We especially loved being able to supply the alcohol ourselves. This seriously saved us so much money! Not a lot of venues allow this so this was a big plus. Taylor was also seriously wonderful during the entire process. She was quick to respond to calls and emails and made sure our day went off without a hitch. Our guests loved the venue and especially loved being able to walk around the exhibits during cocktail hour. It was so conveniently located to hotels, restaurants, and bars too and our guests appreciated that. The courtroom made for some really neat photos too! I would definitely recommend considering getting married at the history center!

S
Shaylyn

Married on 01/20/2018

I absolutely loved having my reception at the History Center! The venue was unique and exactly what my fiance and I were looking for. Megan and her team were extremely helpful and always responded to ... Read more my questions very quickly. Megan was at the venue during my reception and made sure that everything ran smoothly with all of my vendors.