The Parlour at Manns Chapel

Chapel Hill, NC · View map · Visit website

About The Parlour at Manns Chapel

Located in beautiful Chapel Hill, NC, The Parlour is an intimate wedding venue in the sweetest vintage chapel. Imagine refashioning the typical wedding into your dream day in a place as unique as your story. With a capacity of 100 or less, celebrate small with the people closest to you and make meaningful memories in this truly historic space. Featuring the main chapel interior (stunningly reborn), the outdoor garden courtyard for dinner or ceremony under the market lights, a cocktail patio with the chapel backdrop, and woodland/wildflower area. Endless opportunities for ceremony, cocktails, and reception.
It's your story- tell it at The Parlour!

Facilities and Capacity

Here, couples and their loved ones will find an eclectic combination of both old and new elements. The beautifully renovated chapel boasts original pine floors, stained glass windows, sophisticated chandeliers, and a kitchen prep area. You can decorate the majestic, historic doorway display area with floral garland or other decor to best suit your wedding vision. In addition, the original Manns Chapel sign hangs on the wall, adding a touch of nostalgia to your event. A stunning bridal suite and groom’s quarters provide the couple and their wedding party with a comfortable place to get ready before the festivities begin. An array of vintage rentals are at your disposal to add further charm to the atmosphere of your wedding day. Couples may also choose to hold their event outside, where a picturesque European-inspired courtyard awaits. Market lights and a blooming landscape create a romantic ambiance that both you and your guests will remember fondly for years to come. A vintage 1976 Argosy Airstream is also available and can serve as a fun dressing room, dessert station, bar backdrop, or photography setting.

The Parlour at Manns Chapel is able to accommodate a wide variety of wedding-related events, including engagement parties, showers, elopements, rehearsal dinners, welcome suppers, ceremonies, and receptions. This venue’s creative team is dedicated to helping your big day go as flawlessly as possible. Couples holding their events here can also avail of the following wedding services and items:

• Event planner list
  • Outside vendors (Handpicked Experts)
  • Parking and shuttle suggestions
  • Setup and cleanup
  • Wheelchair access
  • WiFi
  • Dance area
  • Vintage Rentals
  • Tables and chairs
  • Tents and tent accessory connections

History

Originally established in 1887, the chapel was decommissioned in 1985 yet was still held in high esteem by the surrounding community. Aimee and Yvette, co-founders of The Parlour at Manns Chapel, have lovingly restored the venue to serve as a simple, elegant site for special events.

15 Reviews for The Parlour at Manns Chapel

15 The Parlour at Manns Chapel Reviews

Kate
Kate Pyle

Married on 06/15/2019

Incredible Wedding Venue

The Parlour is the most charming place in Chapel Hill! It is romantic, elegant, peaceful, and warm all at the same time. It was incredible being able to have the ceremony and reception at the same ... Read more location - and the rain plan (which we didn't need) was so easy, as the outside courtyard is very easy to tent. The staff were so accommodating to help creating the best day I've ever had!

W
Wayne Stephenson

Married on 05/18/2019

Helping a dad give his baby girl the wedding of her dreams

My youngest daughter and I were in a situation where we were the only ones who were planning her wedding. We visited a number of venues in the Triangle, mainly focused on an urban contemporary theme. ... Read more Still she wanted to visit the Parlour since she hadn't found a venue that "fit". Literally, as soon as we got out of the car at the Parlour, my daughter, her fiancee and I made eye contact and before we even said a word, we knew this was the perfect venue for my daughter's personality. "Urban contemporary" quickly became "vintage". She wanted small and intimate and the Parlour is exactly that. Aimee and Yvette were great to work with. Not only did they give great advice about the venue, they gave fantastic recommendations of other vendors we would need. I was a "fish out of water" with all this wedding planning and between the Parlour and the other vendors they recommended, I had a team that helped me give my daughter and new son in law the wedding of their dreams. We never felt we were "customers", but were dealing with folks who truly wanted to help bring my daughter's vision into reality. An added bonus was about a month before the wedding, Aimee and Yvette added the retro airliner bridal suite which was a great vintage touch to my daughter's vision. In the days before the wedding I felt I was on a tight rope and something would go wrong. However, on the wedding day, due to the efforts of the folks at the Parlour and all the other folks they referred us to, not only did my daughter get the wedding of her dreams, everything exceeded our expectations. Not a single complaint by any guest on a rather warm day and quite a number of compliments. Since the FOB is the host of the wedding, that was perfect to hear. I appreciate so much as a dad who had no experience at all with putting together an event like this, that Aimee, Yvette and all the folks that they recommended allowed me to give my baby girl the wedding she had always wanted.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Married on 11/21/2018

Gorgeous space, even better staff!

Yvette and Amie are absolutely lovely to work with! They were so flexible, accommodating, and generous with their expertise. This is all in addition to the fact that the indoor and outdoor spaces at ... Read more The Parlour are absolutely gorgeous! We feel privileged to have been married here and would recommend it to any other couple!