The Perfect Fit by JK

Springfield, IL · View map

About The Perfect Fit by JK

The Perfect Fit By JK is a women's formalwear alteration business located in Springfield, Illinois. Founded by Jan Kerwin, the business has been serving brides and female bridal party members throughout the local area, including Springfield, Decatur, Litchfield, Taylorville and Jacksonville, for over 30 years. With years of experience, Jan provides quality work to every client she works with.

Experience
Janice Kerwin, the owner, is also a retired registered nurse. She worked as a nurse for 42 years while working part time in alterations out of her home. A brief work period with David's Bridal as an alterations specialist helped with the decision to open her own business upon retiring from nursing.

Designs Offered
The Perfect Fit By JK can alter dresses for brides, flower girls, mothers of the bride and groom, and bridesmaids. She offers the following services:

• Alterations
  • Appointments only
  • Adjustments
  • Repair/replace/add beading
  • Custom designed/made formal gowns-minimum of 6 months lead time required
  • Re-work of vintage gowns (mother's/grandmother's bridal gown, for example)

57 Reviews for The Perfect Fit by JK

57 The Perfect Fit by JK Reviews

E
Elizabeth

Married on 11/10/2017

Mrs j did work for my bridesmaids drsss for my brothers wedding and also my wedding dress. Both times she was amazing and I didn’t not have an easy fix with the bridesmaids dress. She’s reasonably ... Read more priced and quick!

K
Katie

Married on 09/30/2017

Jan was exceptional to work with and would recommend her highly for alterations. I will definitely use her again! Read more Jan was exceptional to work with and would recommend her highly for alterations. I will definitely use her again!

A
Amy

Married on 08/01/2017

As a plus size bride I was overwhelmed and almost horrified at my vast selection of dresses, but nothing fit exactly what I wanted. I found a poofy dress that was the color and fabric that I liked but ... Read more needed TONS of alterations and changes. A friend suggested Jan to me, and I will be forever grateful. She understands the body and knows how the fit should be. She also had some really cool outside the box ideas for additions to the dress that I had never thought of, or even seen on another dress before. She did an amazing job and I refer everyone I know to her! You can not only trust that she will make your garment fit you impeccably but also trusting her with “the dress” was never in question. Thank you for making my wedding dress dreams a reality Jan!