The Pine Needles

San Rafael, CA · View map

About The Pine Needles

From elegant dinner jazz to high energy acoustic dance music, we are ready to deliver classic tunes in our acoustic jam style from the 40s to the present. With a humorous and easy going stage manner, we are sure to bring a down home elegance to your special event....

9 Reviews for The Pine Needles

9 The Pine Needles Reviews

L
Laura

Married on 04/09/2016

We loved having the Pine Needles play our wedding reception in the redwoods at Sanborn County Park in CA. Josh was very responsive and incredibly easy to work with, and everyone in the band was just ... Read more so nice. And, they play great music! I only had two song requests from their song list and then asked them to keep things going, and they did a great job putting together a 2 hour set (with a 5 minute break mid-way). We had several opportunities to kick up some dust, and when I wasn't dancing I was talking with people about how great the band was. They also learned a new song for our first dance, did an amazing job with it, and it's a memory I'll cherish forever. My husband and I struggled with the sheer expense of wedding planning generally and at one point had reduced the "band or DJ" argument to "f** it let's just get an ipod and some speakers" for our daytime park wedding...I am so glad that we reconsidered and found these guys because they really did make the day so unique and special.

C
Caitlin

Married on 09/14/2013

The Pine Needles played at my wedding and were just what we hoped. We asked them to play more of their bluegrass/country songs and were so pleased by the set list and their sound. We love music so ... Read more were quite choosey with who we wanted to hire, and they proved to be top notch musicians, very far from the "wedding singer" variety that we wanted to avoid. They brought a wonderful sound and ambience to our reception dinner, and then brought our guests onto the dance floor with some livelier numbers afterwards.

User3060465

2+ years ago

The Pine Needles played for our wedding, and they did a wonderful job! They learned many special songs just for us, and brought a lot of life and personality to both our ceremony and reception. All of ... Read more the band members are very genuine and kind, and we really enjoyed working with them. They made our day very special!