The Carriage House

Saint Augustine, FL · View map · Visit website

About The Carriage House

The Carriage House is our beautiful barn venue including an enchanting garden and southern farmhouse porch. This 2000 square foot, climate-controlled barn displays a cozy and romantic setting. Opening the large barn doors reveals exposed beams, farmhouse tables, stringed market lights and a carriage-wheel chandelier. We love the barn’s ability to perfectly transform itself for a rustic celebration or an elegant, more formal affair at an affordable price.

The Carriage House is in a prime location for downtown St. Augustine- close enough for after-party affairs but far enough to have our own convenient parking lot.

We also have a huge bridal suite complete with a make-up station, tall dress hangers and plenty of lounge seating.

This venue has gone through extreme renovations recently and until 2018, this venue was previously known as “The Pioneer Barn at Fort Menendez.” Our street-front building, "The Gate House", now includes climate controlled bathrooms, a caterers' kitchen, inventory showroom, and a "rainy-day" ceremony space.

Menu/Food:
We do not provide food services however you are welcome to have any licensed caterer provide those services for your event! This makes the events more unique with personalized food selections. We have a preferred vendor list to help you with this.

Services/Facilities:

• Huge Shabby-Chic Bridal Suite
  • Barn-Front or Garden Ceremony spots to choose from
  • Large Indoor and Outdoor Bars with bar-back shelving
  • Caterers' Workspace (including a double-bowl deep sink, Counterspace, Refrigerator/Freezer, and Large Ice Chest)
  • Multiple Stall Restrooms + Large Handicap Restroom

Featured
Kaitlin

Married on 04/27/2019

The perfect venue!

My wife and I just got married at the Carriage House on April 27th and honestly, Erin, with House Of Assembly Events, was able to take our dreams and make it reality for our special day! Erin teamed ... Read more up with Amanda, of Simply Weddings By Amanda, and Sarah, of Sarah Annay Photography was honestly a dream team!! If you are looking for something breathtaking and truly beautiful for your special day and don’t trust just anyone to do it, you have my word that they are the best. The Carriage House was a perfect venue. Want an inside wedding? They have an amazing rustic barn. Want an outside wedding? You have your choice of a few different spots. Want a combo? (Honestly, who wouldn’t? Highly recommend!) They have that option too! Don’t believe me? Look at these amazing photos from my own wedding and tell me who wouldn’t think this was stunning? And, the best part is, the entire reception area was a complete surprise to the brides until after the ceremony...and it was phenomenal! Do you know another vendor you would trust that much? If you are just starting to look or think you found the venue for you, please don’t say the final yes until you’ve seen what the House of Assembly Events has to offer. They’ll more than likely beat the price of your other choice too for what’s to offer! Absolutely everyone who attended the wedding said it was the best wedding they had ever been to!

M
Madeleine

Married on 01/20/2018

We had a great experience celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary at The Pioneer Barn. The venue is beautiful! The event manager, Ms. Gail White and her staff are great to work with. It is the ideal ... Read more ideal place for a rustic wedding!

L
laura

Married on 11/18/2017

Choosing the Pioneer Barn for our wedding venue was easy once we spoke with Gail. She was professional and helpful from start to finish. I live in Salt Lake City and my husband lives in southern GA so ... Read more we were not able to spend much time in the area prior to our big day. She was able to answer all of our questions, make suggestions, describe things that had worked for previous ceremonies, etc. The barn was beautiful and clean, and seeing the 360 degree shots on the website was super helpful. The location was very easy for guests to find and there was plenty of parking for all. I especially loved that the barn was air conditioned. Gail also was able to recommend a DJ, and florist that know the venue and take great care of their clients. They were awesome. I did not step foot into the venue until 5 minutes before the ceremony (crazy, I know) but I was confident that things would be lovely and they absolutely were. Gail was on-hand before to direct vendors and set-up; during the ceremony putting last touches on things inside (we used the porch for our ceremony to take advantage of the setting sunlight); and she stayed in the background helping during the reception and to the very end, picking up any stray items that had fallen, ensuring the photographers knew where they could get the best shots, doing everything she could to be helpful. Every venue should have a Gail, and the Pioneer Barn was the perfect setting for our ceremony and reception. Thank you so much for everything!!