The Red Fox Inn & Tavern

Middleburg, VA · View map · Visit website

About The Red Fox Inn & Tavern

The Red Fox Inn & Tavern is a full-service wedding and special events venue located in Middleburg, Virginia. Nestled amongst colonial cottages and bucolic streets, this historic property is an idyllic setting for sophisticated weddings with a touch of tradition and Southern hospitality in the heart of Virginia’s Piedmont region. From romantic outdoor vow exchanges to festive celebrations surrounded by rich history, The Red Fox Inn & Tavern is an unforgettable setting for wedding ceremonies, receptions, rehearsal dinners, and other momentous occasions.

Facilities and Capacity

The Red Fox Inn & Tavern boasts various elegant event spaces for up to 150 guests. The picturesque Courtyard Gardens are perfect for outdoor small gatherings and wedding ceremonies, and the Garden Terrace is available for cocktail hour and wedding receptions. Dressed in traditional Piedmont furnishings and featuring a large collection of equine bronze and oil paintings, The Washington and Tap Room as well as The JEB Stuart Upper Tavern and The Sporting Gallery are perfect for intimate rehearsal dinners and smaller celebrations. The Night Fox Pub and The Parlor are available for those seeking a post-party ambiance that’s warm and inviting.

The special events team at The Red Fox Inn & Tavern is committed to give you a bespoke experience full of charming details. The Red Fox Inn & Tavern offers three wedding collections, and they have well-established relationships with local vendors. Amenities such as get-ready rooms, parking, and WiFi are included with all packages. Other services The Red Fox Inn & Tavern offers include:

• Accommodations
  • Get-ready rooms
  • Tables
  • Tents

Cuisine

Inspired by locally-sourced produce, the highly-trained culinary experts at The Red Fox Inn & Tavern put together a flavorful feast specifically tailored to your dietary preferences. Tastings are available, and couples have their pick from various dining options such as tray-passed canapés, plated sit-down dinners, wedding cake, dessert bar, and late-night bites. Bar service packages offers that include bartenders, champagne toast, house beer, house liquor, house wine, and open bar. Catering rentals available from The Red Fox Inn & Tavern include the following:

• Barware
  • China
  • Flatware
  • Glassware
  • Linens

Accommodations

This historic property has 19 rooms, suites, and cottages. They come equipped with modern services such as plush bathrobes, luxurious toiletries, and cozy bedding. The attentive concierge staff at The Red Fox Inn & Tavern are there to answer all of your questions, and secluded cottages are available for guests seeking extra privacy.

History

Established in 1728, the Red Fox Inn & Tavern is one of the oldest inns in the U.S. and successfully outlived the Revolutionary and Civil Wars. It counts George Washington among its famous past guests, and President Kennedy once held a press conference from the JEB Stuart Room. Nowadays the property is owned and operated by the Reuter family, who blends the traditions of bygone times with modern amenities to create a superb customer service experience.

Location

Just about an hour west from Washington D.C., The Red Fox Inn & Tavern is located in the heart of northern Virginia’s Hunt and Wine Country. The historic hamlet of Middleburg offers visitors an array of historic buildings, fine art galleries, coffee cafes, antique shops, and wineries.

58 Reviews for The Red Fox Inn & Tavern

58 The Red Fox Inn & Tavern Reviews

S
Featured
Shelby

Married on 10/21/2011

Above and Beyond and Absolutely the BEST!

The RFI&T Team blew it out of the water. I, along with all of our family and friends, could not have been more impressed (and I have very high standards!). From the overall service, to the food, to ... Read more the accommodations, to the team themselves, I loved every single thing about working with the RFI&T. Our experience was incredibly personalized. We received handwritten notes, catered date night for our menu tasting, and thoughtful texts/emails/calls to let us know the team was there to support us in any which way we needed. Our 45 guests came from all over the country and I couldn't have been more excited to show off the RFI&T. Again, everything truly took our breath away. The staff was one step ahead of us the entire process which for a bride, was INCREDIBLE! I knew I was in good hands which allowed me to enjoy every single moment. I don't write reviews often, but I cannot say enough wonderful things about the RFI&T. I built relationships that will last a lifetime. Hard to put into words the gratitude we feel for making our wedding one of a kind and one for the books! From the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU!

M
Mary Ann

Married on 09/01/2018

My husband and I hosted our son and daughter-in-law's rehearsal dinner at the Red Fox Inn & Tavern. Ashley Sykes Hawkins, the Events Director, used her expertise to make the dinner a raving success. ... Read more She is extremely well organized and kept me on a timeline when I needed to make each selection for the guest count, seating arrangement, and menu. She arranged for the Graphics Department to print custom menus and place cards based upon our dinner invitations. Ashley also gave me a list of items included in the standard table setting and added elegant black bamboo chairs. She placed votive candles on the tables and mantles to make the Jeb Stuart dining room look magical. She also recommended a local florist who created beautiful centerpieces. The canapes, appetizers, filet mignon, seared scallops, and chocolate torte were excellent! The ladies who waited on our tables were courteous, professional, and very personable. Everything went seamlessly and we will never forget it.

T
Theresa

Event date: 07/30/2018

We had a group dinner for 16 people at the Red Fox Inn and the entire evening was amazing. The appetizers were delicious, the entrees for dinner were perfectly cooked and the service was outstanding. ... Read more We would definitely return.