The Reef on the Water

Long Beach, CA · View map

About The Reef on the Water

The Reef on the Water is a fine dining restaurant and wedding venue located out of Long Beach, California. This venue sits over the water and provides the most breathtaking sunsets. No matter what event you are hosting, this space is the perfect backdrop for all of them.

Facilities and Capacity
The Reef on the Water can comfortably host up to 1,000 guests making it the perfect space to host events of all sizes. The outdoor patio overlooks the marina and serves as a great place to celebrate such and important milestone in front of your closest friends and family. The ballroom inside boasts beautiful details, high ceilings, and big windows letting in all the natural light you could possibly want. There is plenty of space to bring in a dance floor and setup the room to fit the way you always imagined. If you’re interested, you are welcomed to have the reception outside on the patio as well. This is perfect for couples that share a love for the outdoors and the water. The string lights add to the ambiance and invite friends and family to mingle together.

The Reef has a collection of wedding packages that are meant to make your big day as stress-free as possible. They are experienced in a variety of production planning services and are happy to help guide you through planning such and important event from beginning to end. With the site fee, tables, chairs, linens, glassware, china, and flatware are provided to make setup and cleanup a breeze. Parking is available on site to make arrival and departure from your event as easy as possible for you and your guests. This prevents your guests from having to find parking on their own in the city. Additional items available include:

• Aisle markers
  • Decor
  • Lighting
  • Tables

Cuisine
Bar services and catering services are also available in house as a way to offer you and your guests the freshest ingredients possible. A variety of serving styles are offered including buffet, cocktail reception, hors d'oeuvres, plated, and stations. No matter what option you choose, wait staff will be provided to give your event the necessary coverage to get food out in a timely and orderly fashion. Bar services include beer, wine, and liquor and can be regulated depending on the bar service package you choose. Open, limited, and cash bar options are available to give you full flexibility for your guests.

43 Reviews for The Reef on the Water

43 The Reef on the Water Reviews

Gisela
Gisela

Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful venue with top notch service

I’ve gotten so many compliments about my wedding reception. I used the Pacific Ball room which comes with an attached patio (indoor out door reception, awesome! ) they turned the fire pits on for us ... Read more and we had the bar and photo booth outside , it was awesome . You get views of the ocean ,light house , and shoreline village . The food was amazing . We had plates service , servers were awesome . Everything went senselessly. I have fond memories of that reception and how beautiful everything looked . I love the reef.

E
Erin

Married on 02/29/2016

The Reef totally helped me out and really saved me! I had originally booked our reception at another place near Seal Beach that had an amazing view. Well, with 4 months to go that place called me and ... Read more cancelled on me. I was so bummed because not only was the view amazing, but the price was also just as amazing. We all have budgets to stick by so I was extremely disappointed and didn't think I'd find anything comparable. I called Jamie at The Reef and explained my situation and then went to see her that same day. She gave me a few options of what they could do for me. Being that my wedding is on a Monday made things a lot easier. She was able to put together a package for us that was only a tiny bit more than the first placed I booked. I just about cried! And even though it's a tad bit higher, everything is much better! The appetizers and main dish options are incredible. The view...breathtaking. The reception room is large and has an attached patio area with 3 fireplaces. I am beyond excited to have my reception there this coming Feb 2016. I am so so happy that my first choice backed out on me, as it turned out to be an awesome bummer. Thank you Jamie and The Reef for really helping us out.

L
Leana

Married on 09/13/2014

We had an amazing reception and it was perfection when it came time to everyone at the reef doing exactly what we wanted. The bartender at the open bar could have had a better attitude from what I ... Read more hear but overall....The staff was very attentive!