The Regency Center

San Francisco, California · View map · Visit website

About The Regency Center

The Regency Center is a historic wedding venue located in San Francisco, California. Crafted from white Caen stone and recently restored to its original splendor, this versatile and architecturally stunning San Francisco landmark offers three separate event spaces with one-of-a-kind characteristics. Your guests will marvel at the beautiful and unique features of The Regency Center, which include Gothic, Neoclassical and Beaux Art-inspired architecture, soaring ceilings, stained glass windows and a century-old working pipe organ.

Facilities and Capacity

The Regency Center provides three main versatile event spaces with an array of accompanying rooms. The Grand Ballroom, their largest room and a Beaux-Art treasure, boasts 30-foot high ceilings, 22 turn-of-the-century teardrop chandeliers, blond hardwood floors, a horseshoe-shaped balcony, built-in stage and space to accommodate up to 1,400 guests. The Social Hall and Annex features updated paint, hardwood floors and beautifully arched beam ceilings. With two built-in wooden bars and the ability to accommodate up to 600 guests, this event space is perfect for both a cocktail reception and reception. The Lodge Level is a dramatic crimson space with Gothic architecture, stunning 35-foot arched beam ceilings, dark wood paneled walls, stained glass windows, an astonishing 31 hand painted backdrops, built-in stage and a fully functioning 1909 Austin pipe organ.

The Regency Center offers venue rental for weddings and other social events. This distinctive and imaginative venue will certainly wow your wedding guests. Event services offered include the following:

• Tables
  • Event planning
  • Setup and cleanup
  • Wheelchair access

Other Services

The Regency Center is an ideal location for hosting private parties of varying sizes. In addition to wedding ceremonies and receptions, this location can accommodate all of your wedding events, such as engagement parties, bridal showers and rehearsal dinners. This venue is also available for hosting corporate meetings, holiday parties, birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions.

History

Built in 1909, The Regency Center is considered the finest example of Scottish Rite temple architecture in the country. The building has housed a Masonic Temple, dance studio, the Polish Arts Foundation and a movie theater.

Location

The Regency Ballroom is centrally located in downtown San Francisco on the Northeast corner of Van Ness and Sutter. Paid public parking is available at the Holiday Inn 24-hour garage at Van Ness with validations from The Regency. The Regency Ballroom is located next to some of San Francisco’s finest hotels, such as The Holiday Inn, the Courtyard Marriott, Hotel Carlton and Tilden Hotel.

3 Reviews for The Regency Center

3 The Regency Center Reviews

K
Featured
Kate

Married on 10/14/2017

This review is for The Lodge, the event space on the 3rd floor of the Regency Center. I was originally planning to get married at a gorgeous private estate and vineyard in Santa Rosa before the ... Read more horrific fires made that impossible in mid-October. With family and friends already en route to the Bay Area from all over the country, we decided to move our venue somewhere safe instead of postpone. No small feat, and incredibly stressful! (Although it goes without saying, nothing compared to what the people in the North Bay are dealing with.) Through good friends and luck, we were connected with Jaime who manages the space and made it available to us. She was beyond flexible with load-in, catering, florals, and our DJ and on top of all that, absolutely lovely, kind, and easy to work with. I am so grateful to her. The space itself was gorgeous -- most of my guests commented that if they hadn't known I was planning a vineyard wedding they would have thought this was a perfect original choice. We had a blast, our guests danced the night away, and I will never forget our wedding at The Lodge. I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a unique and beautiful event space in SF.

Lyn
Carolyn

Married on 08/29/2009

My husband and I love the theatre, so we wanted to find a venue that fits that. I was so lucky to have found the Regency Building. We had our wedding on the 2nd floor ballroom - The Lodge. It was ... Read more beautiful and PERFECT! It has a stage with different backdrops to choose from, dark wood with red carpet, and stained glass windows. We had 160 guests, but the room can definitely fit more. The staff that we worked with were also wonderful. They were very responsive to our phone calls and emails.

Charlene
Charlene

Married on 07/28/2007

4.1

Beautiful reception venue! I had about 200 guests but it could easily fit up to 350. I used the Grand Ballroom and the architecture was perfect for my elegant-themed wedding reception. All of the ... Read more people working at the Regency are very professional and responsive. They do weddings and large events all the time and can connect you with other vendors if you don't know where to begin. Although it's a bit pricey to rent the room, it was well worth it.

The Regency Center FAQ