The Renaissance

Richmond, VA · View map · Visit website

About The Renaissance

A sizable wedding venue in Richmond, Virginia, The Renaissance has been servicing couples throughout Richmond and the historic arts district for the last 18 years. Specializing in Victorian Ballroom Charm, the venue features 30-foot ceilings, imported chandeliers, and floor-to-ceiling windows. The Renaissance is the perfect choice for couples wishing to wed in urban elegance!

Facilities and Capacity
The Renaissance offers three event spaces for couples to host their wedding and/or reception, including The Roosevelt Ballroom, The Grand Foyer and The Adams Room. The Roosevelt Ballroom accommodates up to 400 standing and 250 seated guests, The Grand Foyer seats 80 guests and The Adams Room seats 150 guests for ceremonies and 80 for dining.

Couples who enlist The Renaissance for their special day are provided with services and amenities, including:

• Indoor setting
  • Flatware
  • Glassware
  • Linens

Cuisine
Utilizing plated, buffet and station serving styles, the venue offers the following cuisine styles when creating your dream menu:

• American
  • Organic
  • Vegan
  • Vegetarian

Other Facilities
The Renaissance couples benefit from the following wedding-event facilities:

• Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Engagement party
  • Private suite for you to get ready or relax
  • Cocktail reception

95 Reviews for The Renaissance

95 The Renaissance Reviews

B
Featured
Bernice

Married on 09/22/2018

OMG! What a day, what a day! What a day to remember and what great relationships that were built with the staff at The Renaissance of Richmond, VA. I am the mother of the bride and my daughter ... Read more had her dream wedding thanks to Tommy Waters, John Beattie and Emmett Hickman. . I starting planning this wedding 18 months in advance and Tommy was by my side whenever I needed him to be. From the 1st look tour to the tasting, to the completion of the seating chart (in which he sat down with me and my frustration for 2 hrs. at a moments notice to check and double check my seating chart). Tommy treated my daughter's wedding as if it were his very own. He gave me the best advice. John Beattie, the executive chef, as well, was superb!! We decided to have the rehearsal dinner at the venue as well and the food for that and the main event was just plain ole delicious!!! I feel like I gained new best friends. They treated me and my family with nothing but the upmost respect for our event. Emmett Hickman was our day of Wedding Planner and he rocked it. Whatever blips came about, with one of our vendors, Emmett did his very best to resolve them and he kept it moving right along. He is one of the best in the industry. You will be privileged to have him work your event. . I must not forget the staff at The Renaissance. Such professionals, in dealing with us. They were absolutely wonderful!!!! Believe me if you're considering The Renaissance as your event venue, they will definitely make your event a time to remember. Thank you so very much Tommy, John and Emmett, I will never ever forget the service and graciousness you provided to my daughter and myself in bringing together a day she will never forget.

Rachel
Rachel

Married on 05/11/2019

Totally amazing!

Tommy and his staff were beyond awesome! Planning a wedding can be very stressful but working with the team at the Renaissance was stress-free. Tommy was available to help us with every question we ... Read more had and even helped us think of things we didn't know that was necessary. Don't even get me started with the food, they have an amazing selection of food. The only problem that we had was after the taste testing, we couldn't decide which option we wanted because all of Chef John's food was extremely delicious. On the wedding day, we arrived at a ceremony and reception hall that exceeded all of our expectations. The staff laid out my vision perfectly! We had so much fun and success working with Tommy! We would highly recommend using the Renaissance as the wedding venue of choice to anyone looking. We love Tommy and staff, they made our perfect day even more magical!

Katlyn
Katlyn

Married on 05/04/2019

May the 4th be with you!

We found the Renaissance on Instagram and fell in love with the beautiful photos. We met Tommy at a wedding expo and fell in love with him and knew we had to schedule a tour. After seeing the venue in ... Read more person, meeting Jon, Precious and the whole team and hearing what all they had to offer, we knew we were in good hands and wanted to book it immediately. You can tell Tommy absolutely loves what he does and is good at it. He loves the venue and encouraged us through all our dreams of our day. The food was so great, our guests gave so many compliments the whole night and couldn’t get enough of the roasted vegetable display during cocktail hour. My husband and I are not big fans of cake and our families thought we were crazy when we decided to do a wall of donuts instead and also as our favors. Our coordinator, Dana (who was so great!!), was able to keep this giant wall of donut hidden from our guests during the ceremony and surprised everyone with it center stage during our reception. 1. I think our guests were super stoked for donuts but 2. They loved being able to walk up on the stage and pick out which donut they wanted, it just gave our guests one more fun thing to do. We really didn’t feel stressed or overwhelmed through the whole planning process and felt like the whole team was there for us whenever we had any questions or concerned. Our whole day turned out so perfect and the force was strong on May the 4th and left a lasting impression on us and all of our guests!!