The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station

Haddam, CT · View map · Visit website

About The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station

Our award winning Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station sits atop the banks of the Connecticut River across from the historic Goodspeed Opera House with the famous Haddam Swing Bridge in-between. Our gorgeous and private wedding venue promises the very finest food, service and elegance that you and your guests will long remember. Experience a stunning ballroom, atrium lobby with grand staircase, private bridal suite and areas for your ceremony, cocktail hour, groomsmen and even a children’s suite! The Riverhouse is perfect for your engagement party, rehearsal dinner, bridal shower, wedding ceremony and reception. Waterfront and other unique outdoor photo settings are in walking distance. While you are preparing for and enjoying your grand occasion, the entire Riverhouse is yours alone.

Part of the award winning Riverhouse Hospitality wedding group specializing in unique venues such as rustic barns, vineyards, museums, riverfront boathouses and more!

Facilities and Capacity
The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station can accommodate up to 300 guests in our Goodspeed Ballroom. You and your guests will also have exclusive use of the lobby atrium, ceremonial patio and terrace. The venue also provides a private bridal suite, groom’s room and a children’s suite.

The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station offers all-inclusive wedding packages to fit your needs. Services include:

• Bridal suite

Featured
Jillian

Married on 07/13/2019

No Words Can Thank Them Enough

The Riverhouse was the best choice we made during the wedding planning process. Since we live in Las Vegas, we had to plan our wedding across the country and because of that we were unable to tour ... Read more venues ourselves. My fiancé and I sent our moms to the Riverhouse to go check it out and facetime us. The riverhouse was closed that day for a private party but our moms explained the situation and the Riverhouse graciously let them in and gave them a tour. They had seen a few different venues at this point but when they left Riverhouse they told us this was the one. So without even seeing it myself we booked it. The Riverhouse was so responsive and accommodating throughout the entire process. Hattie and Kelley answered every email and phone call and really guided us through the entire process which was so easy because they have it down to a science. The few weeks leading up to the wedding they answered every email so quickly and made all adjustments that I requested. Week of the wedding we met Linda who organized the entire wedding day as the day of coordinator and she was amazing. She executed all my thoughts and ideas and I didn’t have to worry about anything. I was blown away when I saw the venue that day. The Riverhouse staff did such a great job and I know this was the best choice I made. Michelle the bridal attendant was SO good too. She did everything from making sure we had drinks all night to fixing the bustle on my dress. The food was phenomenal. Everything from the apps to the salad to pasta to dinner. Best wedding food we’ve ever tasted. All of our guests told us the food was amazing and they actually ate everything because it was so good. They also accommodated for gluten free so well!! I highly recommend the espresso bar and seafood bar! They were huge hits at our wedding. I was so nervous I made the right decision since I couldn’t see the venue myself but I can confidently say this was the best decision. The Riverhouse was everything I could have wanted and more. They take such good care of you, they listen to you, the food is amazing, they help make all your design ideas come to life, and the whole staff was so friendly.

Brittany
Brittany Anne

Married on 07/05/2019

The Riverhouse=Amazing

There are no words to describe how my wedding went at the Riverhouse. They did such an amazing job making my wedding the best day of my life. The ceremony set up outside was perfect, the food was ... Read more amazing, Hattie and everyone at the Riverhouse worked to make me feel I was the only bride they've ever worked with. Everyone made me feel special and I would 100% recommend the Riverhouse to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

Ashleigh
Ashleigh

Married on 05/25/2019

A Personalized Wedding Experience

The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station was the best decision I could have made about my wedding! I had planned our wedding from California, and right from the start Hattie and her staff made it easy. ... Read more Hattie contacted me and suggested a FaceTime appointment, where she showed me the venue and talked me through the options that the Riverhouse offered. As the time got closer, Kelley took over, but she was just as resourceful and calming as Hattie. They made me feel as if I was the only bride that they had on the books! Aside from the excellent staff (and I can't forget to mention Linda, the day of coordinator, and Michele, our server for the night!), let's talk about the food. It was UH-MAZING. All of our guests loved everything that they had to offer, especially the hors d'oeuvres. When you book with the Riverhouse, you must have the lobster mac n' cheese! Overall, if I had to do my wedding all over again, I would pick the Riverhouse again and again. They made the experience so easy, even from a distance, and I cannot say enough good things about the Riverhouse and their staff!