The Room on Meeting

Charleston, SC · View map · Visit website

About The Room on Meeting

The Room on Meeting is a historic venue located in Charleston, South Carolina. Located near Market Street and Hasell Street, this venue offers couples gorgeous and historic architectural features, such as the brick archways found throughout the space, that will give your wedding an abundance of southern character.

Facilities and Capacity
The Room on Meeting contains a Dance Hall and a Cocktail Lounge for enjoying after-ceremony celebrations with your guests. The Garden Patio is illuminated with many string lights creating a soft ambiance for your outdoor wedding events. This venue welcomes up to 150 of the couple’s guests on property.

Couples who select The Room on Meeting as their wedding venue begin their wedding planning process with a tour. Couples then can discuss their wedding ideas with the planner so that they can better carry out their vision. This historic space can accommodate both casual and elegant celebrations. The team can provide couples with dining tables, chairs, and serving tables to complete their wedding event, as well as provide setup and cleanup. For couples or guests needing a place to stay, accommodations can be arranged with the help of the planning team.

Cuisine
A full-service catering option, as well as a full bar service, is provided to couples needing cuisine options. If you prefer to select an outside vendor, the team can work with you to coordinate those details. Flatware, glassware, and barware are offered as well.

10 Reviews for The Room on Meeting

10 The Room on Meeting Reviews

P
Patricia Tallman

Married on 06/22/2019

Nicole Anderson

From our first meeting with Nicole nearly a year ago, she has been most helpful in the planning, cost cutting, and execution of the wedding for our daughter. The wedding on Saturday was perfect due in ... Read more due in a large part to Nicole and her fabulous staff! Our guests remarked on friendliness that the staff displayed. Anything little thing that was needed was immediately taken care of. The food which was catered by Stickey Fingers was extremely good!!! Everyone loved the smashed potatoes and banana pudding in the cute martini glasses! I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a venue in Charleston, SC to consider The Room on Meeting Street.

G
Gigi

Married on 04/13/2019

Perfect venue in the City

I was very happy with my choice of The Room on Meeting. Nicole was very easy to work with, answered all of my questions promptly. I was out of the country when I started my search, and when I reviewed ... Read more the website for The Room on Meeting, I went ahead and booked it, I was never sorry I booked it sight unseen. The Charleston character of the room was perfect for out of town guests. The whole reception was turnkey with Nicole taking care of linens, servingware and the Sticky Fingers food. It made my job super easy. The service was very good during the reception and the room was decorated nicely. I highly recommend this venue for any event. Super great people to work with.

Lindsey Taylor
Lindsey

Married on 04/13/2019

Perfect Venue Space for Rehearsal Dinner & Welcome Party- Great Location & Food!

We used the Room on Meeting for our rehearsal dinner the night before our wedding, and also for our welcome party (drinks and after-dinner desserts) for the rest of our wedding guests since it was a ... Read more destination wedding. It could not have been more perfect! First of all, the venue is in a perfect location in downtown Charleston. It has lovely exposed brick walls and arches and a cute little outside patio with wrought-iron furniture that is so quintessentially Charleston. We had enough room to have the bar and cocktail hour in one room, the buffet-style food and desserts and our slideshow presentation (with adorable baby pictures of the groom and I) in another room, and the tables and chairs in the third room, all while flowing very well together and feeling spacious but intimate. We had food catered from Sticky Fingers BBQ and our guests loved it. It was so delicious! Nicole and her staff at The Room on Meeting were helpful and professional. I highly recommend them!