The Rubi House

Tucson, AZ · View map · Visit website

About The Rubi House

The Rubi House is a wedding and event venue in Tucson, Arizona. It's a family owned business located in the heart of the historic downtown Tucson. The two-story Italianate Victorian revival-style manor was built in 1903 and combines an intimate venue space with lodging for friends and family. It's a stylish, sophisticated venue with a modern minimalist approach.

Facilities and Capacity

The Rubi House can accommodate 125 guests for events. The indoor space is flexible and extends out to the fenced courtyard and multi-functional coach house. The setup allows for various layout and flow options. It features a full kitchen for guests and caterers. The venue offers a bridal suite with ceiling high mirrors, natural light, and a view of the downtown skyline. It also has a gentlemen's lounge that features a fireplace and comfortable furniture, located downstairs, separate from the upstairs bridal suite. The Rubi House can also provide lodging for 16 guests. Additional guests can use the AC Marriott Hotel, just one block away.

This venue can host a range of wedding-related events, including engagement parties, showers, elopements, rehearsal dinners, ceremonies, and receptions. The Rubi House does not require the use of preferred vendors, but it can provide recommendations for your special day. The helpful staff strives to ensure that your planning process is easy and as stress free as possible.

History

The Rubi House was built for Owen Rouse and his family when Arizona was still a territory. Owen was an attorney that went on to serve as a Missouri senator before settling in Arizona in 1885. He then served as an Arizona territorial district attorney and associate justice of the U.S. district court. Both positions were appointed by President Grover Cleveland. The home was later owned and renovated by Pete Rubi, a Prima County Supervisor and Justice of the Peace. After Pete passed, the home was purchased by Tom and Susan Cassidy, who continued renovations and converted it into an art gallery. The property was recently acquired by brothers, Colin Reilly and Rob Reilly, who are eager to share this property for your special occasion.

2 Reviews for The Rubi House

2 The Rubi House Reviews

L
Laura Wilkins

Married on 05/24/2019

Amazing Venue Mansion

We had our daughters wedding at The Rubi. The Rubi is a wonderful older home downtown Tucson that has been fixed up with a Bakers kitchen, 4 well appointed bathrooms, great bridal changing rooms and ... Read more bedrooms, a gentleman’s lounge, gorgeous balcony and Bermuda room. When you see the beautiful home especially lit up at night it reminds you of a mansion in New Orleans. I appreciated quite a few things; First, the management (Tana) is amazing. She was very accommodating throughout the entire process. Whether text or call or visit she was with me every step. She even volunteered to help out at the wedding which was invaluable. Second, other than the beautiful house and seating nothing else is included. I Loved that. I could provide the food that I wanted. I could bring in the DJ that I wanted. I could chose the bartender that I wanted. I chose my own florist, photographer and cake baker. This saved us so much money, over other Tucson venues and I got high quality everything. Third, inside the home the Air Conditioning was amazing! If it got to hot outside, we came in. Plus we kept the food in the Bermuda room and it stayed cool and bug free. Really the only challenge was parking. However that is most everywhere downtown Tucson. If I ever have another event in Tucson, I will definitely use the Rubi again.

J
Jeanne Dwan

Married on 05/01/2019

Nothing else like it. The perfect choice. Absolutely memorable.

We had THE BEST celebration at The Rubi when our son graduated from the UofA. We needed a place that would accommodate out of town family and a place to hold a party. The Rubi was THE PERFECT CHOICE ... Read more as it provided both and so much more! It ended up being a family retreat-like weekend that was ABSOLUTELY MEMORABLE for all. Having the entire property for the weekend allowed us time to enjoy the historic home while visiting and catching up with one another. Beautiful and comfortable accommodations along with a quick and easy Uber ride to the UofA for the ceremony provided the ability for an unrushed set up for our event after. Guests at the Open House that evening raved about the venue and what fun it was. Being able to host the exact type of event that fit our family's personality (and our budget) rather than having to use a specific caterer allowed us to personalize the event. We opted to have handmade wood-fired pizzas done on the spot accompanied by some offerings from other local favorite college hangouts rather than typical banquet food. And being able to bring our own alcohol featuring beer from a local brewery was a major savings. After the party, several in our group had time to explore the downtown scene while others “crashed” giving us time to finish cleaning up in the morning instead of having to meet a deadline to be off the premises by a certain time that evening. I hope to be able to host a wedding for one of our kids here some day. Having the wedding party be able to stay together in the house as well as making it easy and affordable to host an event AND offer pre- and post-wedding festivities all in the same place would be ideal. Thank you for your vision to make The Rubi into a place to be enjoyed by many rather than keeping it exclusively to yourself. Tucson is fortunate to have this available. Thank you from our entire family!

The Rubi House FAQ