The Sagamore

Bolton Landing, New York · View map · Visit website

About The Sagamore

The Sagamore, a resort overlooking Lake George, is a historic venue in the Albany, New York area. Couples looking for waterfront weddings will find backdrops of sweeping lake and mountain views. With four distinct venue options, this resort’s site near Crown Island, across the lake from Shelving Rock Falls, ensures couples will find the space they're looking for.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can invite up to 500 guests to join their special day at The Sagamore. The resort provides four separate venue options for couples. The first, located at the resort, is Shelving Rock Terrace. With lakefront views for the couple's wedding, this tented outdoor location brings couples close to the water. To get even closer, couples can opt for a reception on The Morgan, a 72-foot replica of a 19th-century touring vessel. Sail past the Adirondacks on the open-air top or enclosed bottom deck. Back on solid ground, Bayview sits just across the island bridge from The Sagamore. This venue hosts more intimate affairs with its cozy fireplace, chandelier and wrap-around terrace. The Club Grill at The Sagamore Golf Course also hosts smaller gatherings, and features a covered porch and outdoor terrace.

The resort’s wedding specialists work to ensure couples’ peace of mind. They offer their service to couples regardless of which venue they choose. The services offered include:

• Accommodations
  • Parking
  • Shuttle
  • Valet

Cuisine
The chefs at The Sagamore aim to accommodate any culinary wedding vision. They provide the following serving options:

• Buffet
  • Dessert
  • Hors d'oeuvres
  • Plated
  • Servers
  • Stations

Accommodation
The venue provides a variety of lodging options for the wedding party and guests. These include rooms in the historic main hotel, lodge rooms and suites, and condominiums. There is also accommodations available in the Hermitage Building, a 19th-century carriage house that has been transformed into luxury suites, and The Castle, a historic 6-bedroom home with a deck overlooking the lake.

35 Reviews for The Sagamore

35 The Sagamore Reviews

E
Featured
Eliza

Married on 10/01/2011

I can not say enough great things about the Sagamore. I grew up dreaming about my wedding there, and they took that dream and made it a reality - ten times over. Dawn Bennett is incredibly ... Read more professional, thorough, and relaxed to boot! I was shocked at the service we received at the Sagamore, everything from the front desk, bellman, restaurant staff, banquet captains, you name it, went above and beyond my expectations. I was planning my Sagamore (NY) wedding all the way from Colorado - and they made it effortless. I can't wait until one of my cousins or sisters gets married here so we can relive it all again.

K
Kristy

Married on 10/07/2017

The most stunning venue on Lake George! Great food, staff is easy to work with, and the view is completely breath taking. The Sagamore is on it's own island making for a very private and intimate ... Read more experience (at least in the fall). I cannot recommend The Sagamore enough!

K
Kelsey

Married on 10/16/2016

This was seriously the best place in the world to have a wedding. I decided I wanted to get married here when I was 5, and my dream finally came true this year! I can't say I really looked at any ... Read more other venues, but I don't think anything would've changed my mind. I worked with Ashley, and she was superb! She always answered my questions quickly, no matter how small or silly they seemed. She always knew exactly what I had in mind, and was so helpful every step of the way! I had a Gatsby-Themed Rehearsal Dinner on the Morgan, which was just beautiful, and Ashley helped me set everything up, and even gave me plenty of ideas to set the tone of the evening. The whole wedding, (ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and brunch the following morning) went perfectly without a hiccup along the way. If anything did happen or something needed to change last minute, it was just taken care of, and I never even noticed. To me, it was the perfect day and it the whole planning process couldn't have gone better, thanks to Ashley & The Sagamore.