The Sesnon House at Cabrillo College

Aptos, CA · View map · Visit website

About The Sesnon House at Cabrillo College

The Sesnon House at Cabrillo College is a private wedding venue located on the Cabrillo College Campus in Aptos, California. This elegant, private venue provides the perfect setting for any wedding. With both indoor and outdoor options, The Sesnon House at Cabrillo College can accommodate a wide range of weddings, and reflect your unique wedding vision.

Facilities and Capacity
The Sesnon House at Cabrillo College is a historic mansion that is versatile and can host a variety of weddings. Their intimate indoor space is perfect for 130 guests or less, where the covered and uncovered outdoor options can accommodate up to 250 guests. The Sesnon House at Cabrillo College will work with you and your wedding planners to coordinate the best setting suited for you.

The Sesnon House at Cabrillo College is a full-service wedding venue offering a variety of services to accommodate your every need. With the available customizations, you will have the wedding of your dreams in this beautiful, historic venue. The services offered include:

• Bridal suite
  • Outside vendors
  • Setup
  • Cleanup

Cuisine
The Cabrillo College Culinary Arts and Hospitality Department can provide onsite food and beverage services for your special day. Each dish is handcrafted with the finest ingredients to enhance their high-quality meals. These experienced and talented culinary students prepare each event alongside their professional instructors every step of the way. The Sesnon House at Cabrillo College is sure to impress with their experienced servers and catering services, from passed hors d'oeuvres at your cocktail party to a widespread buffet at your reception.

History
The beautiful ocean-view property where the Sesnon House at Cabrillo College sits was purchased in 1858 by the Porter family. The only daughter of the Porter family married into the Sesnon family and soon designed their summer mansion, the Pino Alto, in 1911. After World War II, the home was sold to the Salesian Order where it was maintained as a seminary and school until Cabrillo College purchased the property in 1978. Due to the Loma Prieta earthquake in 1989, the building was renovated and reopened in the fall of 1996.

10 Reviews for The Sesnon House at Cabrillo College

10 The Sesnon House at Cabrillo College Reviews

S
Featured
Sharon

Married on 07/28/2018

Hospitality at it's finest!

We had the best wedding ever July 28, 2018! I would like to thank Chrissy, Rosie, Sue, and the entire, wonderful staff for making my big day a dream come true. Quick overview of our situation: We got ... Read more got engaged in February and my fiance wanted to get married "before football season in the fall." Looking back, I was overwhelmed and massively anxious.. until I stumbled upon Sesnon House on Yelp. I'm not a person who loves to get involved in details and generally assume professionals in the space have way more context and information on throwing a wedding party than I do. In the case of Sesnon House, this was more than accurate -- and in addition, I have to say that the level of integrity and quality that the staff put into planning our event was beyond spectacular. I didn't have time to make every decision necessary to make the event work, so I basically delegated decision making about the linens, sourcing the DJ, alcohol decisions to the staff. To make things more exciting, our original forecast of 100 guests exploded to 150+ in the weeks leading up to the wedding. The few things I did meticulously plan (ceremony logistics, food planning, etc) quickly had to be rearranged, but Chrissy and Sue accommodated these changes without a bat of an eye and a single one hour session. Chrissy & Sue are super experienced so they are able to condense the planning of the event to the micro level with about an hour of thoughtfully presented questions. Furthermore, the beauty of venue and scalability of operation of this place is unmatched. It's Santa Cruz charm at its finest, with the most enthusiastic staff who really put their all into making the day perfect. Our wedding was great, but what really put it over the top was the picture perfect weather that brought the fantastical aspect of "California living" into clear focus for our guests. The food was excellent, and the vibe of the day was so joyful, wonderful, and magical. I know that that kind of operational perfection is not a coincidence -- the precision and thoughtfulness in planning shone through every aspect of our big day. I even remember the logistics of walking down the aisle being managed to the core -- Rosie sprinted to the back while I was driven to meet with the flowers, and in preparing to walk, another staff member adjusted my veil so it looked just right. Seriously -- who are these people??? It's easy to get really cynical about the wedding industry with all the ridiculous personas and pricings you get when you shop around, but honestly, Sesnon House was a complete joy to work with. Thank you guys to the moon and back! The kindness and passion in their work was so contagious that by the end of the night, everyone had a joyful experience that really brought out the best in them. Oh and PS -- while we sprung for literally every feature we could imagine, me and my now hubby landed within budget!!!! What a cherry on top of all the insanity. It's nice to pay what you expect for a day that was magical beyond belief. My dad's advice that day was to keep an album close by for the rest of our lives to remember the day, and I'm so happy that Sesnon House is the back drop to ours.

Latrina
Latrina Candia

Married on 05/18/2019

Simple and Satisfactory

Season house provides close care to make sure your wedding needs are attended to. Great options,beautiful venue, attentive service! Read more Season house provides close care to make sure your wedding needs are attended to. Great options,beautiful venue, attentive service!

J
John

Married on 12/20/2018

Good Food, Helpful Day-of Coordinator

My wife and I got married at Sesnon House in the summer of 2018. Chrissie, the day-of coordinator/manager of the House, was very helpful and made sure the day went smoothly. The food was excellent and ... Read more the staff polite.