The Sheraton Gunter Hotel

San Antonio, TX · View map · Visit website

About The Sheraton Gunter Hotel

The Sheraton Gunter Hotel is an elegant, historic hotel and wedding venue located in downtown San Antonio, Texas. The hotel was built in 1909 and still maintains the grace of that era, while providing modern amenities. They provide multiple indoor event spaces for your wedding. The Sheraton Gunter Hotel offers an award-winning, experienced staff to make sure your day is everything you dreamed it to be.

Facilities and Capacity Couples can accommodate up to 400 guests at this downtown hotel. They have over 20,000 square feet of event space, including several elegant ballrooms to choose between. On the first floor, they feature the Robert Johnson Ballroom. On the second floor, you have your choice between the Magnolia Room, Bluebonnet Room and Yellow Rose Room with their Gunter Terrace accessible from all three. The Crystal Ballroom is absolutely breathtaking with its high ceilings, one of a kind chandeliers, and recently updated look. You can host your ceremony, cocktail hour dinner and/or reception in a combination of these rooms.

Services and Amenities Offered This full-service hotel has been a part of the San Antonio wedding industry for over 100 years. Their goal is to exceed your expectations. On your wedding night, you will enjoy a complimentary suite along with a special gift from the Hotel. Additional services include:

• Setup
  • Cleanup
  • Tables
  • Chairs
  • Linens
  • Flatware
  • Glassware
  • China
  • Lighting and sound (additional cost)
  • Event rentals (additional cost)
  • Breakfast the following day for the newly weds
  • Prime downtown location for out of town guests
  • Room block at special discount rates
  • Marriott Bonvoy Points

Accommodations: The Sheraton Gunter Hotel offers 322 rooms and suites for your guests to select from. Each guest has complimentary access to the newly updated fitness center and outdoor pool, while also being only two blocks away from famous Riverwalk! Inside the hotel, guests can visit Market on Houston, and sample farm-to-table dining or pick a seat in Bar 414 to enjoy a delicious craft cocktail.

Location This historic hotel is located in the heart of Downtown at the Center of Everything!

52 Reviews for The Sheraton Gunter Hotel

52 The Sheraton Gunter Hotel Reviews

C
Featured
Christopher

Married on 10/28/2017

When my wife and I first started looking for a venue, we called and left messages to over 10 places. Tina from the Sheraton Gunter was the only one to call us back right away. After meeting with Tina, ... Read more Tina, and looking at the venue, we were sold! The staff was unbelievably amazing, the hotel is beautiful, and words cannot describe how gorgeous the venue was. My wife and I got compliments after compliments on how fabulous everything was. You will never have to stress or worry about your wedding, Tina and the staff at the Sheraton Gunter take care of everything with five star service.

H
Haley

Married on 12/08/2018

The Sheraton Gunter is breathtaking and tailored exactly to my wedding needs. It is also in such an ideal location for out of town guests and parking. I could not be more satisfied with the ... Read more exceptional service I received and continue to receive from Tina G. and her team. They've seen us through every step of the way. Most importantly, Tina made my finance and I feel as if we were the only couple celebrating at the Sheraton this year. Such a professional and experienced team - cannot say enough!

E
Emily

Married on 04/14/2018

Tina, who is the coordinator, is amazing. I cannot say enough about this hotel and the staff. Tina went above and beyond for us making sure everything was taken care of. I highly recommend her and ... Read more this hotel!! I booked the venue for April and she made sure everything would be set up and be absolutely perfect for the big day. She new what I needed for the wedding before I knew what all I needed to do. They more than accommodated my everyday need.