The Story Photography

Syracuse, NY · View map

About The Story Photography

Sharing photos right after your wedding. Looking back while toasting a decade. Or telling your kids the story of Mommy and Daddy. Your favorite photos won’t be stylized shoe pics or a close up of your cake.

You’ll linger over that look on his face when he first saw you as his bride. Your parents welling up with happy tears as they watched you say your vows. Those first stolen moments as man and wife (how did that stealthy photographer find you? But you are so glad he did.)

Your wedding day isn’t just about a schedule of events, making sure your groom’s socks match your garter, or even making sure the DJ doesn’t play the Macarena (no matter how many times Aunt Susie requests it).

It’s about those invisible moments that connect us with the people we love.

I’m Chris from The Story Photography.

And I specialize in capturing emotions on your wedding day. When you remember your wedding, it will be about more than just how you looked. It will be about how you felt.

Your favorite pictures aren’t the formal family portraits where everyone is wearing matching shirts and sitting perfectly still.

Your favorites are that pic of Dad as he fell in the pool. That perfectly timed shot of the time you made your friend laugh so hard she fell off her chair.

Your best memories are the candid moments in life. I capture those teary, happy, silly, candid moments from your wedding that will fill your heart when you look back.

60 Reviews for The Story Photography

60 The Story Photography Reviews

A
Alana

Married on 08/26/2017

We are SO happy that we went with The Story Photography for our wedding photographer! Chris was extremely responsive, often times replying to my messages within minutes. He also took the time to get ... Read more to know us and what kind of pictures we were looking for. Both he and the second photographer he brought with him, Jessica, were very laid back and fun to work with, and the pictures they took were all absolutely stunning. And this was no easy feat because typically my husband and I are goofy and not very photogenic, but Chris gave us a lot of advice on how to pose and the pictures came out amazing! I also couldn't believe how quickly he sent me the online gallery - we had hundreds and hundreds of pictures within two weeks of our wedding. I highly recommend The Story Photography!!

E
Emily

Married on 08/13/2017

The very first time my husband and I saw the website for The Story Photography, we knew that Chris was the right wedding photographer for us. The couples in his pictures looked as comfortable and ... Read more happy as we hoped we would be on our wedding day. You could just tell that he was capturing real emotion, not just in the wedding party but in all of the guests. We probably had the highest possible expectations of Chris, and he did not disappoint! Chris is a professional, experienced, and talented wedding photographer with an amazing eye for special moments. He’s also a great guy... and possibly a ninja. He got pictures of moments even WE had never witnessed. He practically clambered into a lake to get a stunning long shot for our portraits. The man literally chased us down on the highway after the ceremony so that he and his co-photographer, Heather (also amazing), could get a picture of us in the back of our getaway car. And he was completely friendly, efficient, and unobtrusive the whole time. I think our day actually ran more smoothly because he was there to guide us effortlessly through it all. Nor are rumors of Chris’s turnaround exaggerated. He wrote back to most of our emails within minutes. He once actually apologized for a reply that had been “delayed” by a few hours because, and I quote, “I just got in from photographing another event this evening.” He got us our engagement pictures only 3 days after the shoot, and we had ALL of our fully edited wedding pictures within 10 DAYS of the wedding. Not to mention, he’d photographed two other weddings just on our wedding weekend!! Having run on for far too long, I haven’t said nearly enough, so I’ll just say this. Chris will give you wedding photos that you’ll treasure lifelong, so beautiful and touching that your descendants will want to hang them on their walls. If that’s something you want, choose The Story Photography. End of story.

S
Siobhan

Married on 04/01/2017

We were beyond pleased with our experience working with Chris. Chris was so incredibly easy to work with, his experience and organization were so appreciated throughout the planning process. Having ... Read more only spoken to Chris over the phone, meeting him in person on the morning of the wedding could have been awkward or nerve-wracking, however Chris was so calm, patient, and not intrusive at all. He let the events of the morning happen so naturally all while capturing beautiful moments. Chris got up a blog post shortly after our wedding day and it brought so much joy to us as we read through his sweet commentary and got a glimpse at some of the great shots he took. I had heard from friends that putting together the wedding album was the worst part of wedding pictures and many still haven’t put theirs together over 2 years later. Chris made this process super easy by pulling together the pictures he thought worked best and then allowing us to make edits. It was so much less daunting then starting from a blank canvas. We received our album two months after the wedding and I love looking through the beautiful book often. I lost my grandmother unexpectedly six months after our wedding and am so so thankful Chris captured so many beautiful shots of her enjoying the day. We had put together a small album for my grandparents of pictures Chris took and the book made her so happy. She loved that day and thanks to Chris, I have pictures of our last family event that I will cherish forever. Chris in an amazing photographer and an authentic person. You can’t go wrong with The Story Photography.