The Suffolk Theater

Riverhead, New York · View map · Visit website

About The Suffolk Theater

The Suffolk Theater is a vintage wedding venue located in Riverhead, New York. This venue has a long history and offers a beautiful design with many upgrades. Past guests of the theater applaud the venue’s beauty, event coordination and dedicated staff. This theater is located in Riverhead, New York by Suffolk County Community College.

Facilities and Capacity

This venue can accommodate up to 1,000 guests in their historic theater. The current owners have transformed the theater into a special dining experience. The new space still retains the original design with red walls, a stage and Art Deco décor. They offer a gallery and floorplan on their website so you can fully plan and organize your wedding.

The Suffolk Theater offers event planning and lighting and sound setup. They also offer food and beverage items, including:

• Barware
  • China
  • Flatware
  • Glassware
  • Linens

Cuisine

Noah’s at the Suffolk Theater only offers high-quality meals. Their a la carte menu includes options like grilled asparagus salad, Baja fish tacos, lobster ravioli and key lime pie. Their fixed priced menu includes different courses. Some of their dishes include:

• Tuscan brined roasted pork loin
  • Grilled citrus marinated swordfish
  • Spring vegetable risotto
  • Spring sweet pea soup
  • Satur farms butter lettuce salad
  • Flourless chocolate cakes

History

The Suffolk Theater was originally built in 1933 and was restored in 2013. In the last five years, the theater has been transformed into an Art Deco cinema space that has a full-service performing arts center. Because of its state-of-the-art marquee and history, the theater is part of the identity of Main Street. When it first opened on December 30, 1933, more than 2,000 people attended the opening night and hailed its luxury and design. During World War II, the theater was used as an agent for issuing war bonds. The theater closed in 1987 and was purchased in 2005 by Dianne and Bob Castaldi. The Castaldi’s wanted to make the location a performing arts center. It reopened in September 2011 with new lighting and an animated marquee.

12 Reviews for The Suffolk Theater

12 The Suffolk Theater Reviews

V
Vanessa

Getting married on 06/05/2020

Absolutely beautiful venue, Exceptional and Professional Staff!

I don't know where to begin to describe how absolutely beautiful my daughter's wedding was. It was everything she had hoped for x 100. From the moment my daughter Sam saw the venue she knew it was ... Read more what she wanted, but nothing could prepare her for the way it actually turned out, breathtaking. Kristen is an amazing person. She is super organized, super professional and does not miss ONE beat. She is the conductor in the symphony. With her you do not need to worry about anything. She listens to everything you say and will create the magic you dream of and then some. We will be forever grateful to her and the staff for their dedication and hard work. We miss her already! Jamie and his production team are top notch and can handle anything you ask. The bartenders and wait staff are fantastic! They were extremely attentive to everyone. Special note about Jennifer, she was an absolute love, super sweet, kind, attentive, all around just Great. Our guests could not stop complimenting the food (thank you Noah!!!!), the drinks, the staff, the service, the venue....My baby girl's wedding was beyond INCREDIBLE thanks to this wonderful team of great people. If you're looking for an experience of a lifetime and memories beyond compare Suffolk Theater, Kristen and the Team will make your dream come true.

S
Shannon Beaver

Married on 09/07/2019

Unique, Beyond Perfect, A Dream Come True!

If you are looking for a venue for your wedding day do yourself a favor and look into the Suffolk Theater. I married my husband here on 9/7/19 and that day was beyond perfect. One of the main reasons ... Read more for the day's perfection was the staff at the Suffolk Theater. Kristen’s organized ingenuity made the day run seamlessly! During all the months planning our special day, the theater staff was the most accommodating, caring, attentive people and it was a pleasure working with them all. I had a vision for my wedding day and the production team brought it to life. We had around 200 guests attending and I know that at at least one point in the night we had everyone on the dance floor with no issues at all! This space lends itself so beautifully to a wedding of any size. Our guests complimented the production quality, the wait staff/bartenders and the food! OMG the food! Chef Noah absolutely blew us out of the water with his assorted cocktail hour menu, his dinner entrees and the pass around desserts. If I had to do the day all over again (and I wish I could!) I wouldn’t change a thing. Because of the Suffolk Theater, I was able to have my dream wedding.

Jeremy
Jeremy Levenbach

Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing Experience

We had the great fortune of getting married at the Suffolk Theater and I feel so lucky that we chose this gem of a venue. The space is stunning, the food was great and It cannot be overstated how ... Read more wonderful the production team and staff are. Kristen, the director of events, went above and beyond to ensure that our wedding was what we had envisioned. Leading up to the event we had wonderful communication with Kristen and the day of the wedding we felt looked after and cared for. It was apparent that Kristen truly wanted us to have a perfect day, and we did! Our wedding was the best (and most fun) day of our lives and we could not have asked for a better venue than the Suffolk Theater.