The Temple for Performing Arts

Des Moines, IA · View map · Visit website

About The Temple for Performing Arts

The Temple for Performing Arts is a wedding venue located in Des Moines, Iowa. The venue has been part of the wedding industry since 2002, the year the renovation of this historic building was completed. The Temple for Performing Arts is listed on the National Historical Registry, making it an evocative location for couples who want a classicly themed wedding. The venue specializes in weddings and special events.

Facilities and Capacity
The Temple for Performing Arts has a bride's suite and a groom's room with full-length mirrors and bright lighting. It also has a 1,200-square-foot recital hall that features large stained glass windows, a trompe l'oeil stone painting, and a beautiful hardwood floor. The Grand Hall is the main highlight of the facility and is architecturally considered the jewel of The Temple for Performing Arts. It is a 4,000-square-foot event space that features beautifully restored stained glass skylights, lavish two-story columns, ornate original light fixtures, and a sculpted ceiling. All in all, the venue can accommodate a maximum of 500 guests.

The venue offers state-of-the-art audio/visual equipment, catering, and entertainment that can be crafted to fit each couple's specific preferences. The Temple for Performing Arts also offers:

• Event rentals

11 The Temple for Performing Arts Reviews

A
Ashley

Married on 09/22/2018

Sarah and everyone at the Temple were absolutely amazing to work with and helped make the day exactly what I was wanting. I was so appreciative of how willing they were to accommodate our requests, ... Read more adjust last minute details and helped consult throughout the entire planning process. I have heard from so many quests how delicious the food was and how much they enjoyed the venue. Food was one of the most important things to my husband and I, and the catering at the Temple was amazing! Everything was prepared beautifully and tasted great, from our cocktail hour o'dourves, to the entrees and our late night pretzel bar. Another amazing thing about the catering at the Temple is they were able to accommodate all of our guests dietary restrictions, which I loved so that every single one of our guests were able to enjoy the food. Thank you so much for going above and beyond to make my day stress free, and one I can look back on with no regrets!

User4948525

2+ years ago

We had a wonderful experience with The Temple for Performing Arts! The staff is extremely professional and the venue is absolutely gorgeous. Although a bit pricey, this venue does EVERYTHING for you, ... Read more except for music and decor (flowers, centerpieces, name cards, etc.). They are extremely organized, and it was very nice not having to find different vendors for food, drink, tableware, or other equipment.

A
Anna and Bill

Married on 10/17/2015

The temple is a beautiful location. We had both our ceremony and our reception there. When you use the temple, your food is through Catering DSM. They were amazing, and the venue's events director ... Read more Mallory was just great to work with. It was a magical night and most of that is from it's location and who helped run everything smoothly. The Temple does not need much for decoration - I hope future brides visit it and see just how classic and grand it is.