The Tides Inn

Irvington, VA · View map

About The Tides Inn

The very essence of Virginia hospitality, this full-service resort is the perfect setting for unique weddings…at the top of its own peninsula near Chesapeake Bay, just over an hour’s drive from Richmond.

Named “Best Ceremony & Reception Location in Virginia” in 2014 by Virginia Bride, this charming and historic retreat offers delightful settings for a memorable ceremony, reception, rehearsal dinner, and farewell brunch. The beautiful peninsula ensures a private environment enhanced by expansive views of the water, marina, lush lawns and tree-shaded grounds.

Activities abound at the Tides ensuring every guest has a wonderful time. Tennis, golf, paddleboarding, bicycle riding and kayaking are just a few of the many fun things to do. Tides Inn is located near the Virginia Wine Trail and Oyster trail. There is a spa and fitness center on property, and some quaint shops and historical sites near by.

17 Reviews for The Tides Inn

17 The Tides Inn Reviews

N
Norris

Married on 06/18/2016

Our wedding is this summer so I will update my review at that time post the event. Working with The Tides thus far in planning my wedding has been a pleasure. I live in London and so it has not been ... Read more the easiest task planning from abroad. I signed the contract with The Tides site-unseen (in full disclosure, my fiance had been there many times but not for a while). I was comfortable doing this based on my level of interaction and trust in the people I had been working with at The Tides. My fiance and I asked probably well over 100 questions, some very specific and detailed, of both the Director of Catering and Conference Services and the Director of Sales. They were responsive, very helpful, and patient, despite the number of questions we kept sending through. They were also flexible and willing to work with us to make it so that we were able to have the wedding at The Tides. **Update** My wedding was June 18th, and The Tides certainly deserves 5 stars in all of the categories. If I could give them more stars, I would. My husband and I truly could not have been happier with our entire wedding weekend, start to finish, all of which was held at the resort, including rehearsal dinner, welcome party, ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, reception, and brunch. Everyone at The Tides really did everything they could to make the weekend exactly as we wanted. A few specific points about The Tides and the staff which helped make our wedding more than memorable include, but are definitely not limited to, 1) their patience and responsiveness, 2) flexibility, 3) variety of spaces to be used, 4) quality of the food, and 5) the wonderful staff.

R
Rosie

Married on 04/17/2016

Our wedding day was absolutely amazing! It was a fairy tail wedding and I couldn't have asked for a better day. The staff at the Tides Inn were nothing but professional and wonderful. Read more Our wedding day was absolutely amazing!! It was a fairy tail wedding and I couldn't have asked for a better day. The staff at the Tides Inn were nothing but professional and wonderful.

L
Lauren

Married on 10/03/2015

It was a bit stressful as our wedding was on a hurricane weekend and I wasn't sure what our other options were. Although a bit frustrated because we can't predict the future weather, Charity and ... Read more Laurie were great helpers in creating our special day, regardless of the weather. Some hiccups in the day due to mother nature but all-in-all, the day went off without a hitch. The rehearsal dinner room that we rented was being used (weird?) but it all worked out for the best because we loved our 2nd options sooo much more. beautiful and perfect 180 degree view of the river. For any future brides out there, communication is key. Also ask the small questions and never forget to make a list of everything that belongs to you so it is returned to you. Always ask what your other options are in case incremental weather happens on your day. And don't forget to take some extra time out and take your wedding pictures out of the pier. To die for photos! We can't wait to spend our one-year anniversary there!!