The Updo Guru

Sayreville, NJ · View map

About The Updo Guru

The Updo Guru is an on location/in salon hair and makeup company servicing the NJ, NY, and PA area. Our goal is to create a stress free, fun environment for the getting ready process. We promise to provide you with unpresidented quality artistry regardless of what your event may be.

Elizabeth Lang Jones Owner and oprerator of "The Updo Guru" has had over 10 years experience in the beauty business. Her hairstyling credits include formal training from popular companies such as Schwartzcopf, Loreal Professional, Redkin, CHI and Brazilian Blow Out, to name a few. Whereas stuying makeup design with M.A.C., M.U.D and Temptu. Elizabeth has had the pleasure of studying bridal makeup looks with Dani Fonseca of The Body of Art, who was the designer of Lady Gaga's skull face in the "Born This Way Video."

List of popular services:

J
Jessica Bush

Married on 07/26/2019

Book elizabeth jones!

Elizabeth is extremely talented, professional, and friendly - everything you want in your glam team for your big day. I met Elizabeth through my sister-in-law - she used her for her wedding, and I ... Read more loved how she did everyone's hair and makeup. After I emailed her, she messaged me promptly and we set up a date for a trial. I met at Elizabeth's house for my trial. She took the time needed to discuss exactly what I wanted for my hair. For makeup, I didn't have any idea of what I wanted so she offered advice on what would look good. Elizabeth really took her time doing my hair and applying my make-up and it looked perfect! I left my trial knowing I would book with her! A few weeks prior to the big day, Elizabeth made a schedule for myself and 9 other women for hair and makeup. She made sure to confirm all the details with me a few days prior as well. On the big day, she was early and got right to work. She brought an assistant, Lexi, was also very friendly and sweet. Elizabeth and Lexi didn't take any breaks, and went from one girl to the next. Some of my girls had an idea of what they wanted, others gave them freedom; regardless, they did an amazing job on all of my girls! Everyone looked gorgeous and got what they wanted (and more). Our hair and makeup lasted the entire night - through sweat and lots of tears! In terms of my hair and make-up, it was even better than my trial. I didn't have any changes to make from the trial, other than my hair being a bit smoother (no flyaways or loose parts). Somehow though, it came out even more beautiful than the trial! My makeup too was soft and romantic, just like I wanted. I felt like a princess. Elizabeth made me feel the most beautiful I have ever felt. I am sure if you book with her, you will too.

Kathleen
Kathleen

Married on 03/15/2019

Beyond Impressed

I had met Elizabeth and seen her work back in 2014 for my now Sister-in-laws wedding, it was so amazing that when I got engaged, she was the first vendor I contacted. Right from the start, Elizabeth ... Read more was responsive, professional and friendly. Setting up a trial was incredibly easy and finalizing last minute details was quick and painless. I had a huge bridal party with around 13 attendants that needed hair/makeup services and this was no problem for Elizabeth or her team. They came in, set right up and jumped in. We had three little ones running around and Elizabeth didn't miss a beat. One of the best things about her and her team was the fact that they asked each person for feedback while they were working and consistently made any adjustments necessary so that each bridal attendant was happy with their look. My hair and makeup were just stunning and stayed on all night. I highly recommend hiring Elizabeth for your wedding, you will NOT be disappointed. She goes above and beyond to make your day amazing. Thank you Elizabeth for being so amazing!

K
Kristen Zakrzewski

Married on 02/16/2019

Feeling: Flawless & Beautiful!

I first found Liz as she did my hair and makeup for another wedding that I was a bridesmaid in. I fell in love with her work and how she made me look and feel! I do not wear heavy makeup on a daily ... Read more basis, and Liz takes all that into consideration when doing your makeup. She gives each client the look that they will feel most comfortable and beautiful wearing all day long! The airbrush makeup that they use is so light, looks flawless in pictures, and lasted all day and into the night! Liz is very flexible with traveling and creating a “hair and makeup schedule” for the wedding day! Liz and her assistant made my wedding day bridal prep fun and enjoyable! We were able to joke and laugh and they kept my nervous-self feeling a sense of comfort the whole time! There was plenty of time for each person (bride, 5 bridesmaids, 2 moms, and flower girl) to get their hair and makeup completed and be ready in time for the photographer to start pictures at the scheduled time. They made the bridal prep a very “easy-going and stress-free” experience! One thing that I truly love about the Updo Guru is that it is a one-stop shop! Liz and her assistant are both spectacular with hair and makeup, so it is one less vendor to have to find during the crazy wedding-planning process. There were a variety of different hair styles that they perfected for each person’s desired-look (both up-do’s, and down with curls as well)- and each one turned out beautiful. Every person was extremely satisfied with how they looked and felt that day! I highly recommend Liz!