The Uptown Center

Michigan City, IN · View map · Visit website

About The Uptown Center

The Uptown Center is a historically restored wedding venue located in Michigan City, Indiana. Whether you are looking for a casual but elegant venue or something more stylish and sophisticated, the venue can bring any dream event to life. Located in the heart of the Uptown Arts District, The Uptown Center is situated right along the shores of beautiful Lake Michigan. At this venue, vintage really does meet modern elegance, which makes this versatile event space the ideal spot for your next elegant affair.

Facilities and Capacity
The Uptown Center offers a stunning, two-story ballroom with a 40-foot dome ceiling. The restored ballroom dates back to 1867. Against the back wall is an opulent pipe organ. This backdrop ensures breathtaking photos and views during your ceremony and/or reception. The ornate staircase leading up to the pipe organ wall offers additional photo opportunities during and after your event. Other features of this beautiful space include bride and groom private dressing rooms, a balcony, secluded outdoor brick courtyard and a private reception bar. Couples may host up to 250 guests in the space.

The team of on-site venue coordinators and experienced culinary staff can help take the stress out of wedding planning and make your dream day a lifelong memory. The Uptown Center is available to host a variety of your wedding-related events, including your bridal shower, engagement party, ceremony and reception. The Uptown Center offers the following services:

• Bridal suites
  • Event rentals
  • In-house catering
  • Outside vendors

Cuisine
Some of the food and beverage items that are available for rent include barware, flatware, linens, china and glassware. Their catering services include:

• Buffet
  • Outside cake
  • Server(s)
  • Tastings

History
Originally built in 1867, this unique venue was once home to a church and then a historic theatre. More than a century later, its architecture has been meticulously restored to the beauty that it once possessed.

6 Reviews for The Uptown Center

6 The Uptown Center Reviews

Shannon
Featured
Shannon

Married on 12/31/2017

My wedding day was an absolute dream and it was all because of The Uptown Center! Joy and her entire team were absolutely amazing! They were organized, detail-oriented, creative, helpful, responsive, ... Read more and kind during the entire wedding planning process and on our wedding day. Her entire team made sure my wedding day and all the days leading up to it were absolutely perfect from start to finish. I live in Texas and Joy made the wedding planning process so easy and organized for me even though I was thousands of miles away! During the initial walk through of the venue I just knew that this was my dream-wedding venue. The venue is just so unique! It has such breathtaking historic charm that made me fall in love with it immediately. There is truly no other wedding venue like it in the area! Not only does it have a gorgeous ballroom, but also it has three beautiful bridal suites and a very large bar and cocktail lounge. There are also many beautiful backdrops for pictures inside and outside of the venue. My entire bridal party and all of my guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about the venue! The food and catering staff were also wonderful! We had so many different options to choose from for our wedding day menu and the food turned out delicious. This venue is a triple threat and has everything a bride could ever want– helpful and detail-oriented staff, wonderful food, and a uniquely beautiful ballroom. I cannot thank The Uptown Center enough for giving my husband and I our dream New Year's Eve wedding! We will definitely be recommending this venue to anyone planning their future wedding!! It is absolutely the best place to get married!

Nick
Nick Corbett

Married on 04/20/2019

Excellent ,very happy, great wedding

Great friendly people.. We had a great wedding and got everything perfect for us.. They were beyond wonderful.. Very help ful and right on top of everything.. Perfect wedding place.. Read more Great friendly people.. we had a great wedding and got everything perfect for us.. they were beyond wonderful.. very help ful and right on top of everything .. perfect wedding place..

APD
Amanda

Married on 07/07/2017

Where do I even start with this!? We had our wedding ceremony and reception with the Uptown Center in July and it far exceeded every expectation we could have ever had! When I first toured the venue I ... Read more was with my mom and sister, as soon as we walked in we just knew it was "the one". It's absolutely beautiful and is completely different than any other venue in the area. Joy and Salena were beyond accommodating, from the venue tours to the day of, they were there to help us with whatever we needed. We had so many of our guests telling us that the food was some of the best food that they had ever had at a wedding, which was something that was so important to us, and that the bar had a large variety of choices. They also told us how beautiful and unique the venue was and how they had never seen anything like it! I seriously can not thank you all enough for making our wedding day the most amazing day of our lives thus far! I feel like I could go on and on about how amazing everything was, but we could seriously be here all day. Having our wedding here was one of the best wedding related decisions that we made!