The Valentine

Richmond, VA · View map

About The Valentine

Let Your Story Begin With Us.

Choose between indoor and outdoor areas, start and end times, a range of pricing, and caterers from our preferred list. We offer spaces appropriate for both ceremony and reception. We also are a wonderful location for rehearsal dinners, bridal showers and engagement parties.

Our capacity for receptions is 150; for a seated dinner, it is 75. Rental fees vary based on event requirements.

Facility Highlights

- The beautiful Valentine campus is conveniently located in downtown Richmond.
- The historic 1812 John Wickham House provides a photogenic backdrop for your special day.
- Dance under the stars. Our garden includes suitable space for dancing.
- The Valentine's Wedding Coordinator serves as the principal point of contact with you and the vendors.
- You are not required to use pre-specified time slots.
- Ceremony contracts include time for rehearsal (subject to some restrictions).
- Changing room available.
- Tours of the 1812 John Wickham House may be added for your guests.

Available Spaces

Valentine Garden – This picturesque private green space is nestled in the center of an urban environment and centers on a fountain courtyard behind the historic Wickham House. 15,000 square feet

Auditorium/Reception Room – This large multipurpose room has hardwood floors and contemporary lighting. 1,750 square feet

Gray Family Terrace - An elegant, brick and blue stone outdoor space located on the south side of the museum building. The terrace can be tented and features vintage neon signs from Richmond businesses.

Capacity:
120 people – reception
60 people – seated

Contact us to check the availability of your desired date, discuss your specific needs, fees, and any optional services. Email us, fill out our info request form or call our wedding coordinator, (804) 649-0711 ext. 349.

7 Reviews for The Valentine

7 The Valentine Reviews

M
Madison

Married on 06/09/2018

The Valentine was a perfect venue for our 90 guest wedding. The garden was such an intimate seating and all of our guests were able to find their own corners all while all being together. The museum ... Read more is beautiful and it was so great that our guests could look around and see some Richmond history! Peggy, the venue coordinator, was great! She really helped us through as we thought we were going to have to deal with rain. Luckily we didn't - but it was so reassuring working with her!

A
Amanda

Married on 04/20/2013

I could not have been more pleased with the Valentine for our ceremony and reception. The gardens are so beautiful, and the space is so versatile. The wedding/event coordinator acted as a very ... Read more minimalist wedding planner, just coordinating with the other vendors to make sure everything had a place and would be timely. She was also the sweetest woman on the earth. When our DJ didn't show up, she quickly found a boombox and hooked up an ipod to play classical music for the ceremony. Parking was very convenient. It was awesome that you get the venue to yourself for the whole day. That absolutely made it worth the money. They do enough weddings that they have the flow down pat, but you don't feel like your part of an assembly line. Oh, and it was a beautiful day in an exceptionally beautiful garden with such charming ambience. But, even if it had been cloudy or cold or rainy, I think it still would have been the place I wanted my wedding.

User2474995

2+ years ago

The Valentine Richmond History Center is such a wonderful location for a ceremony and reception. The second I stepped foot into the garden area, I knew this was the place that I wanted my reception. ... Read more It reminds me of a secret garden in the middle of the city. Such a great location, and parking is also included which makes it so much easier for your guest since it is located in the city. The best part of The Valentine is Peggy, the Wedding Coordinator. She is so wonderful, and I can not capture how great she is through words. Through the wedding planning process, I probably emailed Peggy over 100 times - Peggy always responded quickly and she was always pleasant. It is so important to have a good relationship with the vendors you are working with - and with Peggy at The Valentine, you will definitely have that! She also is on-site for the event and insures that everything goes smoothly. My reception was absolutely perfect, and I give all credit to Peggy. Check out The Valentine - it truly is such a wonderful venue for a wedding. The space provides such a beautiful backdrop for all of your pictures - and it is a very comfortable setting.