Verdi Club

San Francisco, California · View map · Visit website

About Verdi Club

The Verdi Club is a banquet hall wedding venue located in the Mission District of San Francisco, California. The historic club first began as an Italian-American social club in 1916, and has maintained its swanky vibe since that time. The club moved to its current location in 1935, providing members with dancing, dining, and socializing in the hall. Couples can host their wedding ceremony, reception, bridal shower, or engagement party at the venue. As a dedicated event center, they offer their guests a versatile space that can be used altered to fit whatever theme a couple desires, whether it's a classic, elegant affair or a music-heavy, dance-focused occasion

Facilities and Capacity
The expansive event space located at The Verdi Club boasts 18-foot ceilings, dimming chandeliers, and a huge dance floor. The 2,500-square-foot ballroom doubles as a dance floor as well as a dining room, and can accommodate 299 people, or 185 seated for dining. Also featured is a 400-square-foot lounge with a full bar. The 170-square-foot elevated stage is set into the back wall of the ballroom, and includes a slow-spinning mirror ball, in addition to six theatrical gels, 12 on-stage variable-color LEDs, and one Chauvet spotlight. Guests may use street parking around the venue and while their restroom on the main floor is wheelchair accessible, there are four steps up to the main entrance.

When working with The Verdi Club, couples can make decisions with the club’s event planner, who can ensure details such as set up, clean up, bar services, catering services, rentals, get-ready rooms, and lighting and sound are taken care of. Couples can choose from a preferred list of vendors who have previously worked with the club to provide professional, quality services. The facility also holds an inventory of the following for event use:

• Audio equipment
  • Linens
  • Photo booth
  • Tables

Cuisine
In addition to providing fantastic event space, The Verdi Club also offers a fully equipped industrial kitchen with two ovens, convection ovens, large refrigerators, a large freezer, pots, pans, and cooking utensils. The catering department at The Verdi Club can create many high-quality catering menu options. Couples can choose from dinners with three tiers of pricing, party platters, or do-it-themselves with à la carte items. Sample menus are also available to help couples choose. Serving styles include buffet, family-style, plated, and stations. Couples may book tastings to sample their selections, as well as discuss serving hors d’oeuvres at the cocktail reception. If desired, couples are permitted to bring in their own cake from an outside vendor. The facility can also supply bartenders to work a cash, limited, or open bar for events. The licensed bartenders can serve house wine and liquor, premium liquor, and signature drinks.

5 Reviews for Verdi Club

5 Verdi Club Reviews

User4330078

2+ years ago

I had my wedding reception at the Verdi Club this past May 2014. I was on a budget (well, who isn’t! ), but food was going to be a priority for me. After all the hoopla around a ceremony and entrance ... Read more into the reception site, who wants to sit down to a crappy meal?!? Well, Verdi Club has that in spades with Chef Sean! He is amazing! He was very flexible and helpful when working with us on our family-style menu, even going as far as to grant my special request for macaroons. The passed hors d’oeuvres, dinner, and dessert were all AMAZING!!! Everyone was saying that it was the best food that they had at a wedding and I wholeheartedly agree. In addition, Denny Palmer (previous Manager) and Jason Mulvaney (current Manager) were a breeze to work with. Denny even was our bartender and sound tech for our wedding. I also used every single one of their rectangle tables to create a big square layout with only a few round tables on one side. It was the first time that they had done this sort of seating/table arrangement, but they were willing to give it a shot. The rest of the staff were all great to work with too. Everyone was very polite, cheery, and efficient. I didn’t use any wedding coordinators or day-of coordinators, so I was a little nervous. It’s a testament to the staff that everything went so smoothly (well, that, and with help from my brother and future-husband who brought everything to the Verdi Club and made sure everything on my checklist was done ☺). The venue itself is a real treat with a lot of character, from the separate bar area to the ladies lounge upstairs. The whole venue is extremely reasonably priced, which gave me a little room to spend on lighting, making the place all that more beautiful. I highly recommend Verdi Club the next time you are looking to book a space for an event!! And, I would definitely use their in-house chef, Sean Gawel!

T
Tatiana

Married on 10/06/2012

I had my wedding reception at Verdi Club and it was perfect, The food was amazing, the venue was beautiful, all of the staff went above and beyond - there's literally nothing I would change. I feel ... Read more like most of the pictures online don't do the place justice - it has a magical ambience, you should definitely schedule a visit if you're considering a venue in SF, especially if you're looking for a retro feel. Finally, this venue is very affordable, especially if you go with in-house catering (if you are feeding more than 100 guests, they waive the venue rental fee). There's absolutely no better place to throw a party.

Tiffany
Tiffany

Married on 05/22/2010

We were coming off of a couple of bad experiences with other vendors and meeting Denny was a breath of fresh air. From start to finish, working with the Verdi Club was wonderful. Prior to the wedding, ... Read more Denny was open to letting us come in and explore the space and answering our million questions. Since we weren't working with an outside planner there were things that we would have forgotten (like linen colors) had it not been for Denny's gentle reminders. When we looked over the site prior to the reception, it took our breath away to see our dreams so perfectly laid out (right down to the cake table location!) During the reception, Denny and the Verdi Club's staff were like guardian angels doing double duty as ninjas! They were easy for us to find, but difficult for guests to point out. We were even lucky enough to have a patient coat check attendant who took gifts from our guests (even the random ones like a 5 gallon tub of corn oil!) The food service ran exactly on time and we had nothing but compliments on everything from the appetizers to the entrees. The compliments also extended to the well mixed drinks (and the "Verdi pour") from the bar. If you're looking for a unique venue with a vintage touch to host the wedding of your dreams, you can't go wrong with the Verdi Club!