The Wheeler House

Ball Ground, Georgia · View map · Visit website

About The Wheeler House

The Wheeler House is a historic wedding venue located in Ball Ground, Georgia. This new and custom-built barn, beautiful historic home, and lavish and draped arbor creates a dramatic setting for a wedding ceremony or reception. With unique touches such as chandeliers hanging 40 feet into 100-year-old oak trees, Edison lights, a fire pit and wrap-around porches, The Wheeler House delivers exceptional wedding experiences with a healthy dose of Southern charm.

Facilities and Capacity

Indoor and outdoor event spaces at The Wheeler House can accommodate up to 300 wedding guests and be configured to fit your exact event needs. The historic 1906 Wheeler House features 6,000 square feet of event space with pine tongue and groove floors, antique furnishings and two wrap-around porches with romantic drapery. A beautifully constructed arbor offers the perfect setting for an outdoor ceremony or reception and includes a thousand feet of Edison string lights. The climate-controlled Barn has a spacious dance floor, draping over entryways, chandeliers, an outdoor deck, a large patio and a loft area.

The Wheeler House offers venue rental for weddings and other social events. Inclusive wedding event packages are available to fit your event and budget. Their expert event coordinators will help you plan and coordinate the wedding of your dreams. Event services offered include the following:

• Accommodations
  • Bridal suite
  • Setup and cleanup
  • Event planning
  • Event rentals
  • Lighting/sound
  • Cake

Accommodation

This facility offers bridal cottage for on-site accommodations for wedding couples and the bridal party. These three historic on-site cottages have been renovated and restored to feature historic highlights along with modern amenities. Cottages include handcrafted shutters, trim and hardwood floors with a view of 22 beautiful acres and one of the highest peaks in Ball Ground.

Other Facilities

The Wheeler House provides a bridal suite and dressing rooms for preparing for your wedding ceremony or reception, each with its own private bathroom. The bridal suite includes a large clawfoot tub original to the house. The groom’s suite and lounge area is located in the barn and includes a TV. A billiards room in the house acts as an additional space for lounging prior to a wedding event.

Other Services

The Wheeler House is an ideal location for hosting private parties of varying sizes. In addition to wedding ceremonies and receptions, this location can accommodate all of your wedding events, such as engagement parties, bridal showers and rehearsal dinners. This venue is also available for hosting corporate meetings, holiday parties, birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions.

History

The Wheeler House was built in 1906 by the owner of the Wheeler lumber yard. In February 2010, the Wheeler House was renovated to its original luster for the first time since 1906. The climate-controlled Barn was added in 2012 by owner Lee Lusk to accent the historic home and serve as an additional events venue.

147 Reviews for The Wheeler House

147 The Wheeler House Reviews

Kendall
Featured
Kendall

Married on 10/07/2018

I had the most wonderful day at The Wheeler House

You will not regret getting married at the Wheeler house. I had the most incredible day. The venue is beautiful. It gave me the barn vibe I wanted for my wedding but with a beautiful rustic feel. Th ... Read more planning was stress free. They include the catering, the DJ, and the cake in their price...all you have to do is pick what you want. I cant imagine having to stress about finding vendors. I don't have anything bad to say. My coordinator, Ashley, was AMAZING. She went above and beyond. At one point in the night someone had spilled red wine on my wedding dress, before I could even begin to panic, Ashley was on her hands and knees trying to find a solution to get out the stain. That really showed me how much they care and I will never forget that. I would recommend this venue to all. It is truly beautiful.

Paula
Paula Denton

Getting married on 01/05/2021

Dream Venue

The Wheeler House was a fairy-tale venue for my son’s wedding. The home was the backdrop of the most beautiful photographs and provided the old-time Southern country wedding my son’s bride had hoped ... Read more for. Leading up to the wedding, our coordinator Laura was very attentive. I can’t say enough about how amazing Laura is! She was a delight to work with and is an absolute detailed-oriented professional. She thought of every detail. She put our minds at ease and she delivered the day of our event. I had many guests comment on how smoothly the event ran and how courteous everyone at The Wheeler House was. The staff on site the day of my son’s wedding were so helpful and accommodating. The wedding was on a day of record-breaking heat here in Georgia but the temperature in the barn was perfect even though it was scorching outside. Our guests were allowed access to the main floor of the beautiful historic home before the ceremony so they wouldn’t get overheated outside. The food was superb and the bartenders were very attentive. I would highly recommend The Wheeler House as a venue for anyone considering hosting their wedding there.

C
Cheyenne Denton

Getting married on 01/05/2021

Laura is the best!

Words cannot even begin to describe the amount of gratitude and love I have for The Wheeler House and its staff. From the historic house, to the outside ceremony space, to the gorgeous barn, ... Read more everything is immaculate. While The Wheeler House is gorgeous, it would be nothing without the people who work tirelessly to ensure that each couple has the day of their dreams. Not only did TWH staff go above and beyond the day of our wedding, they went above and beyond from the moment we stepped foot on the property to tour. Laura was our wedding coordinator. I emailed her and spoke with her throughout our 10 months of planning what feels like 1000 times and she answered every phone call and email with what felt like joy in her heart. Every time I saw her she had a smile on her face and made my husband and I feel like we were the only couple she was working with. Our wedding day went perfectly, and if anything was wrong - I sure didn't hear about it. I wish that I could relive our wedding day over and over again. I cannot thank The Wheeler House staff and Laura enough for everything that they did for Cameron and I. We are forever grateful!