Winchester Opera House

Winchester, Kentucky · View map · Visit website

About Winchester Opera House

The Winchester Opera House featuring the Grande Ballroom, Historic Church & Moundale Manor is a vintage wedding venue in Winchester, Kentucky. This full-service wedding and event establishment offers three enchanting historic facilities for your special day. They have both indoor and outdoor options for your wedding ceremony and reception. You and your guests will love these charming and elegant locations.

Facilities and Capacity
The Winchester Opera House is centrally located in the heart of Bluegrass Country in downtown Winchester. The venue offers luxurious options for you to choose from. The Grand Ballroom has 3,500 square feet of elegance with 16-foot ceilings, original wooden flooring and cascading windows. It can accommodate up to 400 people for a cocktail-style event and up to 300 guests for a wedding reception with a dance floor. The Ballroom also has an exclusive VIP parlor, which can be used by the wedding party. The Fireside Room offers 850 square feet of space and can seat up to 120 people for a ceremony. This capacity can be increased to accommodate larger parties when added to the Ballroom. The Historic Church is a non-denominational setting perfect for your wedding ceremony. You will exchange vows on a raised stage, surrounded by cascading light. It can accommodate up to 200 guests comfortably in their wooden pews. The church is one block away from the Opera House and is easily accessible to the Grand Ballroom for receptions. The Moundale Manor is a 38-room exclusive event space that offers a romantic atmosphere for guests to mingle throughout during cocktail hour and the wedding reception. It is equipped to handle up to 50 people indoors for small receptions. With antebellum architecture that features balconies and large porches, you're guaranteed breathtaking photos. This location is filled with Southern charm and plenty of space for your wedding events.

The team of consultants at The Winchester Opera House featuring the Grande Ballroom, Historic Church & Moundale Manor will help you bring your wedding vision to life. They offer a variety of services, from in-house bar and catering to experienced floral, décor and cake services. Plus, you will work with their on-site professional wedding planner who will help sort out all of the details of your special day. Their other wedding venue services include the following:

• Accommodations
  • Bridal suite
  • Setup
  • Cleanup
  • Event rentals
  • On-site parking
  • Wheelchair accessible

Cuisine
For your wedding reception, you and your guests will be able to enjoy the delicious culinary creations by their experienced team of chefs. They offer a variety of options, from buffet style to stations or plated dishes. Whatever you are looking for, their team of catering coordinators will work with you to create a delicious and appetizing menu for your reception. They offer a variety of cuisine styles including,:

• American

J
Featured
Julia

Married on 07/04/2015

Thank you Winchester Opera House for making my dream wedding a day we will never forget! I don't know where to begin. Every detail was executed beyond expectation! A huge thank you to Neil,and his. ... Read more CREATIVE GENIUS. I was so concerned about the availability of my first choice flower selections. Neil, you really came through, my friends and family are still raving about these quite decor and delicious food. I am sending an 8 x 10 photo that captures the splendor of the event. My photographer, also a recommendation of Vanessa's was a total professional and gifted artist. I especially, love the formal photos of Rand and I on the Moundale property. I hope you find them worthy of posting in your bridal gallery. Vanessa and staff - an affectionate thanks for the perfect wedding weekend. I am still reliving it by watching the videos. Thank you so much from Rand and Me for the " dream come true " wedding. Betsy, my sister and maid of honor will be in touch with you. My parents enjoyed themselves so much they are excited about the opportunity to host another wedding at The Winchester Opera House / Moundale. Thank you so so much. Please let me know what you think of the photos!

Haley
Haley Denton

Getting married on 10/05/2019

Relaxing and Valued

This was the only venue out of several that I really felt valued and that this day was truly about me. They guide you every step of the way and make it as easy as possible to stay stress free for your ... Read more perfect day. The customer service is impeccable and I work in a very tough customer service industry. I can not speak highly enough of the team at WOH.

L
Lindsay

Married on 04/27/2019

The Perfect Wedding

I can't say enough good things about Winchester Opera House. Aside from the fact that the place is SO beautiful and the food is incredible.... The real heart of this venue is the staff. I am convinced ... Read more my wedding was the most stress free wedding ever planned because Natalie, their coordinator, took all that stress off of our plate. She is so knowledgeable and brought my dream to life. A true professional and master at the art of wedding planning. The day of, Vanessa and Sonia made sure I was calm and happy from the moment we woke up until the night was through. I have never felt so happy, special. Sad that it is over. If you are on the fence about one thing, definitely do the overnight package at Moundale. I love WOH!!!