Thompson Catering & Special Events

Winchester, KY · View map · Visit website

About Thompson Catering & Special Events

Thompson Catering & Special Events is a catering company based in Winchester, Kentucky. The company’s catering services are ideal for large groups. Menu options reflect a combination of family recipes and regional favorites. With 150 years of combined experience, the catering and event professionals strive to offer top-notch equipment, customer service and food presentation. The team will work with you to create a menu that suits your event and your budget, offering you a variety of culinary options to choose from.

Thompson Catering & Special Events offers setup, cleanup and delivery services. In addition, the company can provide upscale disposable plates and cutlery, tables and chairs, linens and barware.

Cuisine
Cuisine styles include Southern barbeque, comfort food, Southwestern, Spanish, German and Italian. Wedding buffet menu options include chicken marsala, stuffed pork chops, buffalo mozzarella ravioli and chicken capri.

7 Reviews for Thompson Catering & Special Events

7 Thompson Catering & Special Events Reviews

C
Featured
Cassie

Married on 07/14/2018

Michael Thompson and his crew are fantastic. They created a ton of options for us to select from and made the entire dinner gluten-free, as I have celiac disease. He didn’t charge extra, as many other ... Read more caterers said hey would do, and he did some of the shopping himself to ensure the food was all safe. The servers were very friendly and helpful and cleanup was included! He followed up to ensure everything was as we’d hoped and to make sure I didn’t get sick. Can’t rave about them enough!

B
Brett

Event date: 11/01/2017

I have used Thompson Catering for special events at work from 50 people up to 100 people 6 or 7 times. From the first call to the time they came to pick up their equipment it was a pleasure working ... Read more with them. All the lunches were very good. Often the people attending an event would commented on how good the food was and asked who catered. I remember getting notification of a special dietary need a few days before one of the events. I called to ask if it was too late. Thompson didn't even "blink and eye" and told me it would be taken care of. And it was. They were delivering coffee/tea and fruit for breakfast at 8 am every day. They were there at 7:45 am waiting on me. That's hard to find!

K
Kat

Married on 10/21/2017

My new husband and I had Thompson cater our wedding in October. I had met and spoken to a few caterers before I contacted them, and once I found them it was such a great experience from beginning to ... Read more end. Melissa listened to us better than anyone I had met, crafted the perfect menu for us in no time, and made the whole process much easier than I was expecting. Our guests loved the food and the staff took great care of us at the reception. I would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat!