Three Sheets to the Wind

Richmond, Virginia · View map · Visit website

About Three Sheets to the Wind

A nautically themed wedding band in Richmond, Virginia, Three Sheets to the Wind specializes in yacht rock and AM Gold tunes from the '70s and '80s. Touted as “the wedding band for people who hate wedding bands,” they are the perfect alternative for couples looking for a “tongue-in-cheek” approach on their special day. Established in 2008 and led by Topper Dandy, Three Sheets to the Wind is happy to help create a night you and your guests won’t forget!

A yacht rock band at heart, Three Sheets to the Wind will keep the dance floor jumping with your favorite '70s and '80s soft rock classics. Looking for something a little more modern? Never fear: Three Sheets to the Wind is more than happy to learn a song of another genre to create an experience that is uniquely yours. Additional services to enhance your experience include:

• Wireless microphones for guests' use during toasts
  • Emcee services by Topper Dandy
  • State-of-the-art equipment
  • The Rounding Cape Horns (3 member horn section)
  • Secondary PA systems available for cocktail hour
  • Secondary PA system and lavaliere mic available for ceremony

40 Reviews for Three Sheets to the Wind

40 Three Sheets to the Wind Reviews

L
Featured
Lauryn

Married on 12/30/2017

I wouldn’t consider myself a groupie type, nor are my friends but I think all 180 people at our wedding are now groupies of Three Sheets to the Wind. This is the best band that you could ever have to ... Read more to play your wedding. Those aren’t my words (although I completely agree) …..those are my guest’s words—all 180 of them. I am from Virginia but got married in Wilmington, NC. I had seen Three Sheets quite a few times before just going to school in the Richmond area. However, I am convinced that the only reason my husband asked me to marry him is because he saw Three Sheets to the Wind at another friend’s wedding and he wanted to ensure that he was going to see them again….and soon. During my friend's wedding, I couldn’t get my husband (boyfriend at the time) to stop googly eyeing the band while standing front and center next to the stage, acting like a 11 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert circa 2013 ….and no, I know what you’re thinking……it wasn’t the alcohol - it was because they were playing some of the best sounds ever created and incredibly on point for a wedding celebration. And as thought, shortly after that wedding, my boyfriend asked me to marry him. About 1.5 hours after our engagement, we booked Three Sheets (and by “we” I mean "him"). We are already talking about what we can hire them again for….They are absolutely incredible. Topper Dandy is the songbird of our generation. The only thing I regret is not getting a portrait with the band to be cherished for years to come. Without them, your wedding will be just another wedding that is easily forgettable – with them; you will be the envy of all your guests wondering why they didn’t hire them first.

J
Joe

Married on 06/09/2018

Can’t go wrong with Three Sheets to the Wind. Very entertaining and tons of fun. Read more Can’t go wrong with Three Sheets to the Wind. Very entertaining and tons of fun.

H
Heather

Married on 03/31/2018

Nothing I say in this review can do this band justice. Choosing Three Sheets to the Wind was the best planning decision we made, besides choosing each other! My husband and I have both seen this band ... Read more around Richmond many many times, and our wedding was still so much more fun than we could've ever imagined. Yacht rock is the perfect wedding music and these guys do it best. The band is made up of an awesome group of guys who are so talented and entertaining for all ages. From the very first communication, Jack made booking and planning so easy, always professional and responsive. At the wedding, our dance floor was packed from the very first song (when dinner was set out) to the last song (even after the bar was closed). The set list was amazing and I have a feeling our guests will be raving about the band for a long time to come. These guys were the highlight of our wedding and well worth every penny. If you want every guest to feel like a VIP at the concert of the year, this is your band.