Thunderbird Chapel

Norman, OK · View map · Visit website

About Thunderbird Chapel

Thunderbird Chapel is a scenic church wedding venue in Norman, Oklahoma. Surrounded by gorgeous native walnut and cottonwood trees, this venue provides a picturesque setting for your big day. Whether you desire an indoor wedding inside the gorgeous chapel or an outdoor ceremony amidst the natural beauty, the caring and professional staff will help you create the event you’ve always dreamed of.

Facilities and Capacity
Thunderbird Chapel can accommodate up to 130 people, and can host ceremonies and receptions. Their stunning chapel features gorgeous wooden arches that soar over three stories tall, and the interior boasts plenty of natural light with its floor-to-ceiling windows. It can also be lit solely by candlelight for dramatic flair as you walk down the aisle. The uncovered courtyard features a beautiful fountain and decorative benches, as well as plant and tree life that add to the tranquil ambiance, and stunning outdoor lighting in the surrounding trees will give your event a magical feel. There is a get-ready suite for you and your wedding party to prepare in, and Wi-Fi is available on the premises. The property is also pet-friendly so your furry loved ones can join in your big celebration if desired.

Along with event spaces, the Thunderbird Chapel can provide an experienced and professional event planner who can assist you with all the details of your big day. They provide set up and clean up for your event, as well as a variety of event items including tables and chairs, audio equipment, centerpieces, dance floors, decor, furniture, and lighting. Barware, china, flatware, and glassware are also available for catering and bar services.

Cuisine
Thunderbird Chapel provides in-house catering as well as the option to use outside caterers for maximum flexibility. Their cuisine options include delicious buffets with servers, and the chefs will ensure each selection matches your vision.

64 Reviews for Thunderbird Chapel

64 Thunderbird Chapel Reviews

S
Featured
Sabrina

Married on 11/24/2018

The Best Wedding Experience!

I had a lovely evening wedding at Thunderbird Chapel. The staff and wedding planners (Christy, Tammie and Cheryl among the few) are so accommodating and will do everything in their ability to make ... Read more sure your wedding is perfect. You can bring in any outside vendor and alcohol, and they will set up decorations for you. The bridal and groom's rooms are an excellent space for getting ready, especially with a restroom attached to the bridal room. The Chapel itself is absolutely stunning! Hidden in the woods, this venue will provide you with a gorgeous atmosphere for your wedding either during the day or in the evening. My guests had no complaints and truly thought it was a beautiful ceremony and reception setup. Thunderbird Chapel will not disappoint!

Dawn
Dawn Johnson

Married on 06/29/2019

Beautiful Wedding

I can’t say enough about how much we loved our experience at Thunderbird Chapel. Tammy, Kristy and the rest of the staff were amazing to work with. I gave them a basic idea of how I wanted things ... Read more set-up and decorated, and everything looked PERFECT! Once my husband and I were “locked away” in our bridal rooms the staff kept us updated on what was happening and made sure we didn’t see each other before the ceremony. I have an autistic son that is sensitive to loud sounds and large crowds. The whole staff was so kind and loving with him. They made sure he was taken care of while were we busy with our guests. During the reception when sounds were more than he could handle they took him to the bridal room to let him relax. They would go check on him throughout the reception to let me know how he was doing. As a parent of a special needs child they will never know how much that meant to us! I can’t recommend this beautiful venue and staff enough!

D
Danielle Douglas

Married on 03/23/2019

Absolutely Incredible!!

Thunderbird made sure my wedding was perfect! They also made sure that my husband and I got to eat and they made everything flow so smoothly! Also when my husband and I were ready to leave they saw ... Read more it on our faces and helped us get out of there!! 100% you should have your wedding there!!!