Timber Lake Camp

Shandaken, NY · View map · Visit website

About Timber Lake Camp

Timber Lake Camp is a ranch in the Albany, New York area. This rustic wedding venue offers a serene and private location for couples to exchange vows and celebrate their special day. Sitting on 500 acres of land, the venue is located approximately an hour and a half from the Albany International Airport, near Hunter Mountain in the Catskill Mountains.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can transform their special day into a wedding weekend getaway with up to 700 guests at Timber Lake Camp. The venue offers a number of indoor and outdoor locations on its property. Couples can wed in front of one of the venue’s two lakes, or could choose to say their I do’s in the assembly hall under wooden rafters. A reception can occur in an open field or in the Adirondack Dining Hall. The cabin-style rooms and warmly colored wooden structures give a cozy and romantic feeling to any ceremony or reception.

Couples and their guests can enjoy an entire weekend at Timber Lake Camp, with outdoor activities to keep everyone entertained. On the day of the wedding, the venue provides the following services:

• Accommodation
  • Setup
  • Tables
  • Tents

Accommodation
The venue has accommodations for up to 500 overnight guests.

11 Reviews for Timber Lake Camp

11 Timber Lake Camp Reviews

H
Featured
Hillary

Married on 09/02/2018

Everything about the weekend – the support and help from Jordan and his team, the food, the activities, the quality of the cabins and beauty and cleanliness of the camp – exceeded our expectations. ... Read more The weekend was better than my husband, family, friends and I ever could have imagined and I would not change a single thing. From the moment we reached out to the camp, Jordan Cooper was professional, responsive, and provided us with enough information that we felt 100% confident moving forward with planning our dream camp wedding. Jordan provided us with information on vendors for rentals, reception servers, he invited us to visit the camp on every occasion we asked, and was quick to answer my questions. Jordan’s Google Drive planner helped us to organize the weekend timeline, menus, and cabins, and this support was huge in easing my pre-wedding anxiety. When the wedding weekend came, all staff at the camp was extremely accommodating and did not set any restrictions on how we wanted the weekend to run. TLC staff was readily accessible to help out our guests including those who needed a golf cart to get around. They made sure all activity areas were set up for us and they checked in on us throughout the weekend to make sure everything was running smoothly. My husband and I felt safe, confident in the process, and well-taken care of. And our guests still cannot stop raving about the weekend! They loved being able to take full advantage of the camp, including the pool and lake, basketball courts and hiking trails, etc., and loved this opportunity to reunite with distant family members, and appreciated the low-key, comfortable vibes of the weekend. My mom, who was not keen on the idea of a non-traditional wedding, is still raving about how impressed she was with the food that Reggie, Sheila and their team provided for each meal. In the word of my mom, “No wedding, moving forward, will ever compare to this!”

J
Johnny

Married on 08/25/2018

Well how can we easily some up the experience my wife and i had at our wedding at TLC. TLC has been nothing less than SPECTACULAR. My wife and i want to personally thank Scott, Rob, Reggie, Sheila and ... Read more the rest of the staff at TLC. Scott was basically our wedding planner. we honestly didn't think the wedding would go as smoothly as planned without an official wedding planner. Scott was literally a phone call away during the upcoming months leading to the wedding. we even met with him couple of times to hash out the final details for our wedding. Ive never received such service where his response time was so instantaneous. i couldn't have asked for more. scott and rob also helped facilitate team bride vs team groom games to keep everyone occupied. even the staff security at the front gate was on point. they had an iPad checking off every single guest and who was suppose to be there. apparently there is another timberlake camp venue hours away.(don't forget this one is in Shandaken NY). there was a family who had the wrong address and came to TLC unannounced. i was given a radio to be able to communicate with the staff and immediately Scott and his staff radioed me to confirm if we had known the guests. long story short they came to the wrong wedding. whether it was getting a wine bottle opener, transporting elderly guests,or transporting ice,the service at TLC is second to none. I been to 5 star destination weddings before and i would say the service and hospitality is by far better than any other wedding i been to. my guests till today rave about the service and food at TLC. my grandparents from korea never tried american food like the food at TLC. they loved it! Reggie even made coffee for my family late at night because my catering company that i provided for the reception had forgot. you can't go wrong with the food at TLC. i highly recommend TLC for any wedding.this has been the best time of our lives including our family and friends. thank you for everything!

J
James

Married on 06/10/2017

Well, a big part of me doesn't want to leave a review for Timber Lake because I'm selfish and don't want other people have a wedding as PERFECT and AMAZING as we did. However, I will do the right ... Read more thing. TLC was the best decision we could have ever made! Our wedding was the most unforgettable experience of our lives! Everything was above and beyond our expectations, from the second we drove through the gates right up until we sadly left that Sunday. Where to start... The grounds are beautiful and well kept with awesome views all over. Countless options for a beautiful outdoor(or indoor) setting. The food offered throughout the weekend was excellent, we didn't know what to expect going in as far as serving food to over 100 people at once but Reggie and Sheila killed it and everyone loved the food! The Staff! The staff are really what made the weekend what it was. Anything we needed was done immediately! Scott Glick ran the show like a well oiled machine. Between Scott, Reggie, Sheila, Robbie, Jordan, Nathan, Jamie, Owen, Dave, Erin (really apologize if I'm forgetting any of you guys), anytime that I would ask if the staff could do something for us, it would already be done. The staff were all some of the most hard working, friendly, easy to work with, awesome people that I've ever come across. Thank god for them taking care of every single thing, when I was in no condition to do so! Every person at our wedding is raving about how beautiful, perfect and fun our wedding weekend was. Now I'm just spending my time trying to figure out another reason/event to book TLC again! Thanks Guys! -James & Amanda