Traditions at the Glen

Johnson City, New York · View map · Visit website

About Traditions at the Glen

Traditions at Glen is a historic wedding venue, inn, spa, and golf course in Johnson City, New York. The facility was built over 100 years ago, and sits on a breathtaking, sprawling estate. In addition to providing a great space to host weddings, Traditions at Glen has 41 rooms for the wedding party and their loved ones to stay in. Couples can choose from several elegant spaces both indoors and outdoors to spend their special day in. The professional staff understands the stresses that go along with planning a wedding, so they are there to assist you through the whole process.

Facilities and Capacity

Traditions at Glen goes above and beyond just a wedding venue. The facility offers countless activities for guests and the wedding party to participate in, and even stay overnight. For the wedding, couples can choose from either the Traditions Ballroom, the Spalding Dining Room, the Glen View Tent, or the Valley View Tent, and the venue can hold a maximum capacity of 300 wedding guests. A bridal suite is available for preparations before the walk down the aisle. There are 41 charming and elegant guest rooms, complete with fireplaces, clawfoot tubs, and modern bathrooms. There is ample parking on-site for all guests, and wireless internet for your convenience.

The professional staff at Traditions at Glen want to help your and your partner have a stress-free and fun time planning your wedding event, whether it's a ceremony and reception, or a bridal shower, engagement party, or rehearsal dinner. They are can help with event planning, provide in-house catering and bar services, work with your chosen outside vendors, and even help clean up at the end of the night. For catering, they invite you to try a tasting to select the menu you want served at a buffet, stations, or plated meal, with the option for a cocktail reception with hors d'oeuvres, as well as dessert with a cake from your favorite bakery. Their expert bartenders can serve house or specialty beer, wine, and liquor at an open bar, along with a signature drink and champagne toast if desired. Everything from barware to flatware to linens and china are also provided.

History

Traditions at Glen has been in existence since 1918, when it was built as a private residence. Throughout its rich history, the facility has hosted many notable guests, including including Dwight D. Eisenhower, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Bing Crosby. The mansion was purchased in 1935 by IBM, and two years later the 18-hole course was built. It closed 60 years later, in 1995, and sat vacant until it was purchased in 2004. It was renovated and expanded to the beautiful facility it is today.

39 Reviews for Traditions at the Glen

39 Traditions at the Glen Reviews

R
Featured
Rachel

Married on 09/24/2016

Traditions at the Glen was such an amazing setting for my bridal shower, our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. Our reception was everything I could have imagined and more. We would not have ... Read more changed a thing! Everyone there went above and beyond for Jeremy and I, especially Jami, and we are very happy we chose Traditions. Would highly recommend this venue to others!

K
Kat

Married on 09/10/2016

The staff at Teaditions is amazing! They responded usually within minutes to my ridiculous emails and were willing to work with me to create my dream wedding. When my mother was unexpectedly placed in ... Read more in a wheelchair, the sales manager was willing to meet with me unscheduled and figure out a plan. The banquet manager was on hand through out the night. The food is also superb!!

User5371037

2+ years ago

I planned my entire wedding from Shanghai, and I cannot say how amazing my experience in dealing with Traditions at the Glen was! Being that I wasn't even in the same country, I wasn't sure what to ... Read more expect, but Traditions really knocked my socks off with the level of service that they provided me. They are truly an all-in-one wedding experience with their fabulous level of professionalism and their amazing thoughtful staff members. Even things that I would have never thought of they took care for me, and they did it all so I could have a perfect & fabulous wedding day with my family and friends that was completely worry-free! I've been to a lot of my friends' weddings, and I have to say, my experience with Traditions at the Glen blew everybody else's out of the water. Thanks for making my wedding so memorable & picture perfect - my husband and I can't thank you enough from the bottom of our hearts for providing us with the best day of our lives!