Tumbleweed Sanctuary, Garden and Labyrinth

Yucca Valley, CA · View map · Visit website

About Tumbleweed Sanctuary, Garden and Labyrinth

Tumbleweed Sanctuary, Garden and Labyrinth is a Life-Cycle Center dedicated to Ceremony and Celebration. We are located in the Mojave Desert between Joshua Tree and Pioneertown, California. We offer a space and a place for gathering and experiencing the simplicity and untamed beauty of the desert.

We believe in the charm and tranquility of the desert. We believe less is more. We believe Mother Nature is the best designer.

We believe in the importance of honoring life's special moments with celebration and ceremony.

Our purpose is to provide the opportunity to disconnect and discover the raw and pure qualities of the desert, and have a meaningful and memorable experience.

Sanctuary

The Sanctuary offers indoor comfort and convenience in a thoughfully designed modern, warm and calm space, with a mix of clean lines, and ample natural material and texture.

All furnishings are included in the site fee.

Garden

The grounds around the sanctuary will connect you to the deserts landscape. The garden has plenty of seating throughout that can be used in multiple ways intentionally designed to bring people together. Our winding meditation path leads through indegenous desert plants including a plethora of joshua trees.

Labyrinth

Our Labyrinth is an ancient symbol that relates to wholeness. It combines the imagery of the circle and the spiral into a meandering but purposeful path. It represents a journey to our own center and back out again. Labyrinths have long been used as a ceremonial and meditation tool.

Our signature Labyrinth also symbolizes meeting in the circle of community, ceremony, and celebration.

The Labyrinth is the heart of our Retreat Center and we are proud to offer custom ceremonies for your wedding and other celebrations.

Services offered

Use of the exterior property and all exterior furnishings.

Use of the interior space and all furnishing.

Ceremony seating

Tables and seating for dinner/reception

Staffing

Kristy
Kristy Wortman

Married on 05/18/2019

Our dream wedding!

We LOVED the Tumbleweed! Vicki and all her staff (Julie, Jasmine, Danny) were amazing! They were so professional and so responsive with emails or phone calls. There was no hidden fees and everything ... Read more they say is included is actually included! So refreshing to have a venue that actually gives you what they say without any hidden fees. The venue come with parking (huge bonus) and they set everything up for you. Decor was beautiful and all bohemian chic. And beautiful bathrooms that were actual bathrooms, not outhouses(also huge bonus). Spaces for inside or outside use. Beautiful places for photos throughout the property. Everything about the Tumbleweed is a 10/10! We literally have nothing negative to say about the Tumbleweed at all! We want to get married all over again just to use them again!! Photography: Kept Record (Morgan Pirkle)

Nikki
Nikki

Married on 05/04/2019

The Tumbleweed Sanctuary Made Our Wedding Magical

My husband and I knew from the day we got engaged that we wanted an outdoor wedding venue. I had contacted a few venues in the area and was astonished at the price for what was offered. After visiting ... Read more a venue in Palm Desert and having a less-than-awesome experience, I sent Tumbleweed Sanctuary an inquiry message on our way home. I had seen the venue on Instagram a couple of times and it looked incredible, but I had been in conversation with the venue we were just leaving for a while and thought THAT one would be our venue. Tumbleweed responded within a day and after a few back and forth emails, we went to tour the place. It was beautiful, clean, and serene - a desert oasis, to say the least. We sat on one of their adorable wood benches along a desert path on their property, and knew this was the place we would get married. After the decision, payment was easy - half up front, half 60 days before the wedding. Vicki was amazing throughout the whole process, and when we got closer to the event, I worked with Julie, who was so sweet and easy to work with. She answered all of my questions and helped me make sure all of the vendors had their proper insurance, and that I had my own liability insurance (we went with The Event Helper). We were able to come in the evening before the wedding for two hours to set up the interior decor for the reception and for rehearsal. When we arrived, the venue had already set up the tables and chairs as I had drawn them on a floor plan inside, and the chairs for the ceremony outside under their beautiful metal archway. Everything was perfect! My maid of honor, the best man, myself and the groom were able to set up the decor quickly because everything was in the right place! The venue even let us use their decor, and their beautiful crystal collection complemented the centerpieces I had made. It was a dream come true. Dani was there to meet us the day before and was the point of contact on the day of. I just loved her vibe. The Tumbleweed Sanctuary, from start to finish, made our wedding day perfect. I highly recommend them for both their venue and their staff. It was a completely magical experience!

Caroline
Caroline Tang

Married on 04/27/2019

Dream venue - beautiful property with great staff

Tumbleweed Sanctuary was a dream venue for our wedding. They had so much beautiful furniture (tables, chairs, lounge furniture) and decorations that we were able to forego rentals all together. We ... Read more knew it would be a beautiful venue when we booked, but the staff blew us away the day of our wedding. They set up all of the furniture and took it apart on our wedding day so our set up was a total breeze. We had planned for 2 hours to setup before the ceremony but we didn't even need that much time. It ended up being really windy the day of our wedding (not really surprising), so a lot of our decorations and flowers were being blown over. We ended up not using most of our flowers and they weren't even really missed since the furniture and the scenery were to beautiful. We had originally planned to go into Joshua Tree National Park for photos during our cocktail hour, but the property had so much diverse plant life and was so beautiful that we just stayed there, which allowed us to spend more time with our friends and family.